Office Tour Photos
Brightcove is a pioneering force in the world of online video. Our cloud platform enables Brightcove customers to upload videos, process them and prepare them for delivery on multiple channels.
Our engineering department is built on small, self-running teams, where everyone has an equal voice and decisions are made analytically. We encourage lightweight development processes that balance craftsmanship with execution and strive to build engaging products with features that will delight our customers.
Team members double as experts in operating the systems that they build and take pride in achieving as near to 100% uptime as possible and exceptional quality-of-service. We are continuously shipping code several times a day. Everyone is encouraged to contribute to meeting our operational goals through robust, scalable designs, software quality, customer-facing service metrics, and devops automation.
The Reporting UI team is the front-end to Brightcoves big data backend. We collect and process billions of events each day from our customers video players across the globe. The Reporting UI team is responsible for designing, building and maintaining the user experiences that our customers use to visualize their video performance and engagement. The team is also responsible for packaging our data visualizations into UI components to be consumed by other Brightcove engineering teams that power the data displayed in our application workflows.
We look for people who have a strong interest in working on products for which UI, and overall UX, is a big component and focus. If you are bright, enthusiastic about development, creative, passionate, curious and eager to contribute we want to hear from you!
- Develop and deploy web-based user interfaces.
- Provide operational support for Brightcove applications.
- Work in an agile environment with a team of engineers to create products and services, and enhance existing solutions and workflows.
- Develop clean, high-quality code and automated tests to verify its operation.
- Experience with React or Vue.
- Experience with data visualization.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment infrastructure for web applications and services.
- Demonstrable experience developing and deploying scalable web-based applications.
- Familiarity with Linux, basic SaaS security, REST, and API design.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other software engineers, user experience designers, and product/program managers.
- Ability to set and maintain high standards of quality and customer value.
- Experience with scalable backend services.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
More Jobs From