Are you passionate about delivering well-designed and scalable products? Are you the kind of engineer who loves building simple, functional, intuitive designs? Do you want to work in the Home Care Industry?
At CareAcademy, we’re making a positive impact in the lives of people who need long-term care and helping to solve the direct care worker shortage for caregiver agencies. We’re a fast-growing venture-backed company in the growing health care market.
As a Senior Front-End Engineer, you’ll lead the development of our growing front-end team. You’ll work with our lead designer to produce beautiful and usable interfaces, while following architectural and coding best practices.
Our ideal candidate has a proven track record of building scalable web applications, has a lot of experience interfacing with a design team, enjoys the challenge of building simple solutions to complex problems and takes a steady approach towards improving a large existing codebase.
What You’ll Do:
- Scalability: monitor and improve front-end performance and usability across browsers and devices, maintain software packages, and ensure the software we build is using best practices.
- Build innovative software interfaces: alongside the design team, contributes to design direction and works with the back-end team to scope user stories appropriately. Has experience working in an existing and growing code base.
- Review code: improve code quality (modularity, DRY, high level components, and other best practices)
- Write automated tests: write automated end-to-end tests that test our core functionality, so we can scale with confidence
- Help maintain our team’s tickets in our project management software: maintain tickets, document results, and collaborate effectively with others on the team.
What Success Looks Like:
- Help us create a reliable and scalable user experience that will delight our users.
- Scale our product to 100K+ MAU in the next 2 years while prioritizing customer needs.
- Solicit team feedback on projects, and recommend and implement improvements.
- Recommend and drive process improvements.
- Improve our code reviews and test coverage.
- Be self-directed and make consistent progress between our regular check-ins
- Proactively report on progress against goals.
- 8+ years of experience in building and designing products on the front-end using modern JS frameworks
- Is comfortable with using Sass for front-end styles and the BEM methodology for making it more scalable
- Experience in scaling SaaS applications to 100K+ monthly active users
- Cares about writing high-quality, testable code