Grubhub: Senior Front-End Developer (React)
Office Tour Photos
Here at Grubhub, we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Grubhub / LevelUp is looking for a Senior Front-End Developer to spearhead development of a new web project for our Agency team. Our mobile apps are in the hands of almost a million active users; we expect this web app to have similarly high impact.
This role will require significant heads-down development, as well as the perspective, passion, and personality to:
- Provide technical direction and decisions
- Translate product needs into wise choices
- Direct and evaluate the work of others
- Establish standards for the project
You Should Have
- Deep professional experience (4+ years) with front-end web development, including command of a modern framework - React Preferred
- Familiarity coding in a modern back-end web framework (such as Rails or Django)
- Experience using RESTful web APIs
- Experience with responsive design
- Distributed version control experience with Git
- Self-directed and responsible for deliverables
- Team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or ample real-world experience
Got these? Even Better
- Opportunity to make your mark on a new, high-impact web project
- Mentorship experience for other engineers in a professional setting
- Abundant ways to grow professionally
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
More Jobs From