Office Tour Photos
Who We Are:
Wayfair is home to one of the retail industrys largest in-house creative agencies. The Creative Group is a world-class team comprised of many disciplines designers, copywriters, stylists, editors, cinematographers, directors, producers, and more. Our work fuels all forms of on-site and off-site marketing and communication with our consumers, from TV to online video to social, email, direct mail, and more.
Joss & Main, Wayfairs boutique specialty brand, is seeking a full-time freelance Senior Managing Copywriter & Editor with proven experience writing for a retail audience or shelter publication, and strong interest in style & trend.
What Youll Do:
- Under the guidance of the Creative Director and in close collaboration with your design partners, concept and write short- and long-form copy across marketing channels and brand touchpoints, such as omni-channel campaigns, catalog and direct mail, editorial site and email content, and beyond.
- Concept & write our first-ever print Magalog!
- Edit, guide, and opportunity to eventually manage 2 very strong copywriters
- Use Wayfairs wealth of performance metrics and other data (especially customer insights) to guide smarter creative decisions.
- Live in lockstep with your cross-functional partners. You'll be responsible for maintaining seamless communication, understanding and influencing their priorities and goals, and effectively producing creative that supports (and furthers) those objectives.
- Do all of the above in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are daily and the volume of work is high. The pace should thrill you, not derail you.
Who You Are:
- Minimum 7 years experience writing for a retail audience (either in-house or at an agency) or even for a shelter publication (digital or print) with an understanding of marketing principles. Ideally, youve worked with catalog or magazine layouts.
- Deeply obsessed with home furnishings, interior design, and style, with a sincere interest in the retail industry.
- Understanding of how to tell stories about trend & product.
- Proven experience editing & guiding other copywriters; managerial experience a plus
- Endlessly curious about the customer their passions, needs, and pain points.
- An expert collaborator and someone who works well with other writers and designers.
- Strong ability to articulate your ideas and opinions and self-advocate, with proof points to ground them.
- Known for your meticulous attention to detail, ability to multitask, and robot-like organizational powers.
For consideration, an online portfolio or samples of your work are required.
Who we are (company)
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From