SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, you shouldnt have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and were growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
SimpliSafe has a range of opportunities for like-minded individuals, from our US and UK corporate offices to our warehouses and customer service centers.
The Senior Forecasting Analyst will work within SimpliSafes Customer Experience department to assist with the building, maintaining, and owning of the forecasts for some of the departments most operationally important metrics. Entails close cross-functional collaboration with the Data Science team, as well as partnership with the senior-level stakeholders who will ultimately consume the forecast output. Involves identifying, gathering, and testing potential forecast drivers, working with the Data Science team to improve model accuracy, developing a deep end-to-end understanding of planned business activities and their effect on the forecasted variables, layering assumption-driven modifications on top of model outputs, meeting frequently with stakeholders to gather inputs and share results, identifying and exploring drivers of forecast error, publishing monthly forecasts, and tracking forecast accuracy. Success is defined primarily by forecast accuracy, both on an absolute basis as well as relative to previous forecasts.
What Youll Do
- Assist a Forecasting Associate in building and maintaining 3 different forecasts for critically important variables within SimpliSafes Customer Experience department
- Develop strong relationships with key partners in data science, loyalty, customer marketing, and contact center teams
- Utilize SQL to gather and analyze data for use in the modeling process
- Work with stakeholders and consumers of forecast output to gain deep understanding of planned business activities and macro factors, and quantitatively incorporate these elements into forecasting work
- Investigate and quantify potential drivers of forecast error, present findings, and devise methods to reduce error with each subsequent reforecast
- Understand and adapt to a constantly changing operating environment
- Deliver forecasts within an accuracy band established with stakeholders
- Develop and execute a plan for continually improving forecast accuracy over time
What Youll Need
- Bachelors degree (preferably in statistics, mathematics, or a similar quantitative field)
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in data analytics and/or forecasting
- Proficiency in SQL (or similar database query languages)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Tableau (or similar BI platforms)
- Solid understanding of statistics
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to clearly communicate across all levels of the organization
What wed love to see (but isnt required)
- Formal exposure to machine learning modeling applications in a professional working environment
- Experience with Python (or similar scripting languages)
- Experience working in a consumer products or subscription business