As a Financial Analyst, you will be part of the Financial Planning and Analysis team which leverages financial information to drive strategic decision making. The team generates insights and transparency by conducting detailed, thoughtful analyses on company financial metrics and KPIs. By partnering with colleagues throughout the organization, the FP&A team helps to ensure that all departments are successful in achieving their goals and driving the growth of Markforged. In this role, you will report to the Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis. This role will have high visibility to Executive leadership, including the CFO, CEO, CRO, and others.
What will you own?
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the companys budget
- Gain financial insights into COGS and margin improvement
- Build out public company KPIs and processes
- Represent the FP&A team as a business partner for departments throughout Markforged
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses and present findings and recommendations to management
- Assist in the development and updating of key metrics to gauge the organizations health and operations
- Support the process of regularly reporting financial results to our Board of Directors
- Assess profitability and conduct margin analysis for our suite of products
- Help scale our operations by assisting in the evaluation, implementation, and improvement of financial reporting systems
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point were getting at, it doesnt hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or any highly quantitative field
- 2-3+ years of experience in financial reporting and/or analysis, or a related quantitative field
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Knowledge of working in and extracting data from Salesforce.com (SFDC)
- Knowledge of SQL a plus
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Self-Starter with a proven track record of taking projects start to finish
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Strong communication skills. Are you able to communicate and collaborate with teammates of all seniority levels and departments?
- Knowledge of financial statements
- Ability to identify process gaps and recommend solutions
- Desire to learn from and teach others around you