Senior Financial Analyst
Brightcove is the leading online video platform used by media companies, businesses and organizations worldwide to publish and distribute video on the Web. Our on-demand platform is used by hundreds of professional publishers to power online video initiatives that reach over a hundred million Internet users every month.
Brightcove is looking for a highly motivated, analytically minded individual to join our Finance team and help the organization make smart business decisions. The Senior Financial Analyst will support the organization with reporting, budgeting, strategic thinking and ad-hoc analysis as required.
The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a faced past, less structured environment than your typical corporate setting. You will be a key member of the Finance team and must be willing to roll up your sleeves and hit the ground running with a positive attitude.
- Coordination, management and execution of the budgeting and forecasting process
- Provide general analytic support of departments and key business initiatives
- Develop and maintain standard monthly reporting to be consumed across all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting - analyzing financial results, understanding key trends, assessing current and future business risk, and communicating/presenting key messages to senior management
- Initiate and own development and improvement of reporting and other finance related processes
- Build deep business partner relationships across the organization
- Support the accounting team in the month end close process, assisting with journal entries and variance analysis as needed
- Bachelors Degree in business administration, finance, economics or related field
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Excel, Access and PowerPoint skills are a must non-negotiable
- Ability to diagnose complex information, while identifying pertinent information to facilitate the decision making process
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Track-record in process re-engineering and process optimization
- Able to think strategically and operate effectively with management
Working at Brightcove
This position is based in our Boston office. We offer a fun and challenging work environment, competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement. Our office is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor by South Station, with a fully stocked kitchen, ping pong and foosball tables. We give back by encouraging employees to take volunteer time off, matching charitable donations up to $100 per employee per year, and sponsoring regular meet-ups like our Women in Technology Initiative. We also offer unlimited vacation!