Office Tour Photos
EF Tours helps students gain new perspectives and build skills for the future through experiential learning. As an accredited institution, we partner with educators across the world to create global education programs that blend classroom, digital, and experiential learning for students.
The Tours Engineering team @ EF Tours is the group of engineering and creative professionals empowering EF to send groups of students and educators on guided educational tours across the world. We power every step of our customers journey from showcasing our tour offerings, to creating personalized itineraries, and collecting their feedback after the tour. Over the course of your career with Tours Engineering, youll have the opportunity to build beautiful interactions for our customers.
Who we are and what we do:
Research and Experience Design focuses on optimizing the end-to-end experience of planning, traveling, and producing an educational tour for teachers, students, and parents. Your goal as an Experience Designer is to deliver user experiences that are well researched and thoughtfully designed. You will work collaboratively with a cross-functional (and cross-cultural) team that is split between our Cambridge and Zurich offices to own the UX process from start to finish for EF Operations, optimizing internal processes and tools to help us produce tours that meet the evolving needs of customers.
We are a diverse team with a unique set of strengths. We believe that in every challenge hides an opportunity (or two)!
Who you are:
- You are eager to embrace the EF culture of travel and learning this role will require travel to our Zurich office every 2 months for 2-weeks at a time!
- You break down UX tasks into various layersflows, wireframes, designs based on existing pattern librariesand delegate appropriate UI tasks to an Interface Designerbrand elements, interactions, new design patterns
- You have deep empathy for users and look for ways to provide the best experience within scope
- You understand how to address a product's functionality the things people can do with it and the features to solve a users need
- You know how to work with others from all levels of internal staff to our external users, you can partner with the right people to gather and share insights
- You can conduct desktop research around existing flows and weigh UX decisions against ease of learning
- You create in-scope solutions and understand how the timeliness & complexity of your work affects your teams delivery
- You are a storyteller with the ability to set the stage, explain the thought-process behind your work, reflect on feedback, and iterate
- You are quick to diagnose and act upon issues that arise within a project and see through to resolution
- You can embrace the unknown and apply the minimum amount of structure needed to enable success, regardless of pressure or moments of pivot
- Expert knowledge of Sketch, InVision, and Agile methodologies.
- In-house product design experience
- Experience with pattern libraries and/or collaborating with Interface Designers and researchers
- Education in Human-Computer Interaction, Digital Product Design, or related field (or equivalent experience)
Lets talk about the Perks:
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- Work beside other lifelong learners who constantly support each others growth in the form of Chapters, Guilds, Book Club and Lunch & Learns
- Attend team socials, lunches, avocado toast breakfasts, and team offsites to support a fun culture within the Research and Experience Design team
- The opportunity to travel internationally
- Discounts on travel
- Three weeks paid vacation for your first year and then four weeks after your first year
- Free language classes, taught in-house
- Access to a brand-new fitness center and rock-climbing wall on the EF campus
- A restaurant and bar located in 2 of our EF campus buildings
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more
EF is the worlds largest international education company providing life-changing educational experiences to create global citizens. We offer millions of people the opportunity to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture or earn an academic degree. Since 1965, EFs mission has been opening the world through education. Our 52,000 employees have a worldwide presence in over 600 schools and offices within 50 countries.
For more information about our career opportunities, visit www.careers.ef.com
More Jobs From