Senior Experience Design (UX) Manager - Loyalty & Finance
Were the experience design team at Wayfair, and were tackling exciting challenges that are reshaping how people purchase and have goods delivered to their homes. From finding that perfect item via AR to scheduling installation services, were solving new problems every day in our online and offline experiences for our tens of millions of customers.
About the Team
This position will be directly responsible for leading design efforts for Wayfairs Loyalty & Finance team. This team consists of fellow designers, product managers, engineers, and data analysts. Youll be working as part of a small, focused, fully-resourced and empowered team that operates with the speed and focus of a startup, while benefiting from the resources of an established eCommerce leader.
The Loyalty & Finance team works to drive greater customer engagement, satisfaction and brand loyalty. This team most recently launched a customer loyalty program called MyWay, a paid membership program that offers free or discounted shipping, assembly, installation, and warranties.
This is both a strategic, and hands-on role. You will work to discover customer problems, ideate solutions, and refine results. Youll create brand new customer-facing capabilities from scratch in order to grow overall customer loyalty and satisfaction.
As a member of Wayfair Design, youll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class designers who are hard at work transforming the experience of shopping for your home. Our design practice is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced. Were looking for a design practitioner who can help us take our experience to the next level, bringing deep expertise in UX design and a strategic mindset for how to scale and differentiate a market-leading e-commerce experience. You should be versed in research methodology and current with design trends.
At Wayfair, we have established our leadership position in the market through a fierce passion for helping users find the best products for their homes. Our success has created a tangible opportunity to shape the future of eCommerce, and your work will have deep and meaningful impact.
What You'll Do
- Raise the bar for experience design at Wayfair
- Seek out and utilize data to make informed design decisions
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, and other experience designers to execute design concepts that deliver on brand goals, business goals, and are technically feasible to implement
- Conceptualize and create pixel-perfect design mockups from sketches, wireframes, and other UX deliverables that represent your design thinking capabilities
- Communicate ideas and concepts clearly and concisely, while also being open to receiving feedback and direction as needed
What You'll Need
- A builder of engaging customer experiences which solve goals with elegant simplicity
- A coach who enjoys helping others learn new things
- A passionate advocate for the customer who never loses sight of the big picture
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Information Architecture, or related field
- 8+ years of professional UX experience with management, with strong skills in softwares like Invision, Sketch, and Creative Suite
- Strong understanding of online design processes; knowledge of what is possible and what will be hard to achieve and/or implement in a digital environment
- Ability to present design ideas clearly and convincingly
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative, and creative problem solving skills