Office Tour Photos
As a Senior Engineering Manager of Marketplace, youll lead a team to create scalable, distributed systems that integrate with a rich ecosystem of services to power web and mobile applications.
Indigo Marketplace is changing how food is produced and soldin the U.S. now, and soon around the world. Today, growers dont have incentive to grow higher-quality crops. In fact, since grain is commoditized, growers main incentive is to simply grow as much volume as possible.
Our Marketplace flips the current model on its head by connecting growers directly with buyers and preserving crop identity. This means that growers get paid a premium for growing organic and similarly desirable crops.
Your expertise in building and leading high-performing engineering teams will help us deliver a world-class, scalable platform that secures Indigo as the leader in the agriculture technology space.
As a Senior Manager at Indigo, youll:
- Manage teams that use modern tools - building apps in React, TypeScript, Node.js and GraphQL
- Work closely with the PM team to define new projects and keep them moving from start to finish
- Work cross-functionally with other Indigo Engineering groups such as Data Science Engineering, DevOps and GeoInnovation
- Clarify priorities and goals for your team to ensure alignment with Indigos long-term objectives
- Level up the engineers on your team by fostering a culture where people want to do their best work
- Support career growth for team members in a fast-moving and rapidly scaling organization through active mentorship and coaching
- Be part of the foundational group that puts Indigo on the map as one of the elite Engineering organizations
- You have a strong technical background -- former senior or principal software engineer
- Youve been around the block enough to know bad patterns when you see them to help avoid repeating them
- You care deeply about people and will bend over backwards for your team
- You are optimistic in the face of adversity
- Understand trade-offs - when to cut corners and when you cant
- You are detail-oriented and able to juggle multiple initiatives concurrently
- You are a hiring machine - able to attract and inspire talented engineers
If you want to be part of the solution and help fix the food system while building cool software, apply today!
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is economically desirable and an accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigos portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice.
The company is headquartered in Memphis, TN, with our Technology headquarters in Boston, MAand additional offices in Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
More Jobs From