Our Mission Securing the software that powers your world. At Veracode, we are focused on that mission every day. Veracode is recognized as a premier provider of SaaS-based application security solutions, transforming the way companies secure applications in todays software driven world. We provide our customers with a solid foundation on which to build security into their modern agile development processes.
We are seeking an accomplished Engineering Manager to join our engineering leadership team working on the fast growing Software Composition Analysis (SCA) product line. In this role, you will be leading development and quality efforts to deliver product features and engineering excellence in a DevSecOps culture.
- Support, coach, and grow a team of engineers, foster a positive team culture of collaboration, execution, quality and inclusivity.
- Work in close partnership with peers and teams across the global organization
- Take the ownership of the successful delivery of business commitments as defined by the content, quality, performance and time to market.
- Develop the delivery plan for projects, proactively address risks and impediments in collaboration with product management, agile PMO, and stake holders.
- Establish metrics and reporting required to track progress of projects and ensure transparency into project health
- Effectively communicate project status, manage project risk, refine processes and drive continuous improvement.
- Be a sponsor for driving Operational Excellence within the team and across the organization.
- Responsible for effectiveness of the agile project team and its evolution to be more self-managing through collaboration with Agile PMO.
- Owns the overall performance management of each individual in the team including providing frequent performance feedback & guidance and conducting formal annual reviews
- Willing to roll-up sleeves and be hands on and lead technical discussions.
- Bachelors in Engineering / Computer Science or relevant field (Masters preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years software development experience in a fast-paced environment, working through all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Minimum 3 years leadership experience, leading software development teams
- Track record of building cohesive and high performing teams
- Ability to work across cultures and time zones with constructive and effective communication
- Effective conflict and impediments management, with ability to build trust and align stakeholders and multi-functional teams.
- Deep experience working with: Java, Object Oriented Design, UI technologies, Open Source tools.
- Strong experience with Cloud technologies (ideally AWS-based systems).
- Experience developing RESTful API and Microservice architecture concepts.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies (SAFe Agile experience a plus).
- Experience developing and deploying SaaS applications and services into production using CI/CD tools is strongly desired.
- Ability to quickly respond to changes in business scenarios, projects and resources - adapting accordingly and positively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The Veracode Way:
We Have a Passion and Commitment for Security
We consider security in everything we do. We act to preserve the trust our customers place in us.
We Help Our Customers Change the World
We deliver peace of mind to our customers so they can focus on the pursuit of their missions.
We Have Big Goals and Expect Big Outcomes
We are results driven. We take risks, compete boldly, and deliver valuable outcomes to our customers.
We Are Committed to Making Progress Together
We collaborate with each other, our user communities, our industry and together lead the world forward.
We Value Each Other
We value diversity. We have empathy for each other and assume positive intent.
We Are Proud to be Veracode
We have fun together. We honor who we are and work hard to achieve our potential.
More About Working at Veracode:
Veracode, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracodes SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether thats software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode youll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package all while pushing the boundaries of whats possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracodes fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidates race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.