Who We Are
The Identity & Access Engineering team is responsible for building solutions to effectively orchestrate user account lifecycles, ensure seamless authentication for internal and external applications, and facilitate user access requests. We lean heavily on automation to create scalable solutions that help the Security team fulfill its mission of security by design. Were currently looking for an innovative and creative Senior Engineer to help our team build new services, maintain and improve current solutions, and consult on broader issues of authentication and authorization. This role will also be responsible for helping grow our systems according to industry standards and best practices. On top of being an excellent developer, our ideal candidate is most effective in a fast-paced collaborative environment, delights in new problem areas, and is driven by curiosity and a creative spirit.
What Youll Do
- Build and maintain Identity & Access tools and applications and work with cross-functional project teams to ensure that solutions are to specification and provide quantifiable value
- Support new and existing integrations with our core Identity platforms and services (SailPoint IdentityNow & Okta)
- Consult with broader Infrastructure team on topics of authentication and authorization, offering best practices and developing additional tooling to create improved experiences for developers that require authentication and authorization in their applications
- Support and suggest improvements across entire IAM technology stack, including technical flows that support lifecycle processes, data and access governance, alerting and monitoring, group orchestration, and event publishing
- Stay abreast of IAM industry best practices and new solutions (including open source and off the shelf products) to help improve our patterns and tech stack
Who You Are
- 3+ years of Python application development, including experience developing and maintaining authentication and authorization for web applications.
- Familiarity with a broad range of authentication and authorization best practices, use-cases, and patterns
- Solid grasp of and experience using the OAuth2.0 framework
- Thorough understanding of RESTful APIs and authenticating and authorizing against them
- Experience developing within Service Oriented Architecture parameters; comfort writing and deploying re-usable APIs (experience deploying to Kubernetes preferred)
- Comfortable with the subject matter of Identity & Access Management, e.g. common access control mechanisms (RBAC, ABAC, PBAC), PKI, User Lifecycle patterns, Principle of Least Privilege, LDAP, etc.
- Comfortable with DevOps principles and source code and configuration management practices using GIt
- Experience with IDaaS Solutions like Okta or SailPoint
- Hands-On experience writing SQL queries
- Experience using Hashicorp stack (Terraform & Vault), Elastic Stack (Kibana & Elasticsearch), and Docker
- Experience with event-driven architectures and streaming data platforms (e.g Kafka, GCP Pub/Sub)
- Familiarity with open-source authorization tools such as Keycloak, Open Policy Agent, and Casbin
- Broad familiarity with a wide variety of IT and Infrastructural systems to help facilitate integrations. (Examples: ServiceNow, Jira, Active Directory, Google Cloud Platform, Workday, etc.)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.