The Finance Engineering teams are building a re-imagined enterprise scale platform that will be key for the continued growth of Wayfairs multi-billion dollar business. Our platforms support the Wayfair B2C/B2B website, our global logistics and warehouse network, and a multitude of new and exciting streams of revenue. Wayfairs business lines generate a phenomenal amount of financial transactions and data points from our vast customer base. Every transaction and every dollar must pass through our teams platform to be validated, analyzed, and reported. Our goal is to provide our external customers and internal team members with the best, and fastest, financial services possible through: 1) visibility into accurate financial information; 2) standardization of financial processes throughout Wayfair; 3) technological process improvements; and 4) holistic decision making, grounded in mutually beneficial revenue generating and cost saving opportunities. Our platform is a key piece in the continued growth of Wayfair by ensuring new business lines can seamlessly generate and collect revenue with no additional onboarding or engineering cost to support those streams.
What You'll Do
- Accelerate the design and implementation of our Next-Gen Financial Platform as part of a complete Financial System overhaul that will support our growing multi-billion-dollar business per year
- Design and implement applications with decoupled codebase, deployment, and data stores utilizing cloud based tech
- You will collaborate with other senior engineers at Wayfair to bring the best software development and coding practices to Finance
- You will be empowered to propose and prioritize initiatives that increase the quality and efficiency of the development team including agile best practices
- Partner with senior team-members to gather future requirements to position our roadmap for success
- Work with senior leadership to architect solutions and ensure that we deliver the right functionality, in a timely manner
- Create educational content, including sample code, workshops, video tutorials, and documentation
What You'll Need
- Experience as a full lifecycle software engineer and deep understanding of a modern programming language (such as Python, Java, and PHP)
- Strong SQL/Database skills including schema/database design and query writing/optimization
- Experience designing and building highly performant scalable distributed systems
- Experience creating and maintaining documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience partnering with product managers & stakeholders to gather requirements and design solutions in an agile environment
- Experience working in or leading a team of 8+ engineers where members often collaborate on the same long term initiatives
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.