Office Tour Photos
Desktop Metal is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. Our mission is to make additive manufacturing accessible to all engineers, designers and manufacturers. In doing so, we believe we will empower businesses to adopt radical, new approaches to design and production and enable businesses to realize the promise of additive manufacturing across a breadth of vertical markets.
Desktop Metal is located in Burlington, MA - a short 30 minute drive from Boston. We are now going public via a business combination with TRNE and have previously raised $438 million from investors including Google, BMW, NEA, KPCB and GE. Join us and our talented team of engineers, materials scientists, and startup veterans as we change the way products are designed and produced using additive manufacturing.
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
- Create product requirements and qualify designs against specifications
- Design system components, including detailed drawings for manufacturing using best practices and GD&T
- Transition prototypes into production level components, designing for manufacturing and cost
- Maintain 3D CAD models and documentation of system architecture and components
- Work with an interdisciplinary team to perform detailed design and analysis
- Apply a strong analytical approach to the design process, including mechanics, thermals and tolerance analysis.
- Lead FMEA and design reviews
- Maintain a high level of communications with cross-functional teams and partners
- Experience bringing a product through a full design cycle, from brainstorming through release.
- Thorough understanding and use of technical principles, theories, and concepts in mechanical and systems engineering
- Ability to identify, design and validate cost saving opportunities against original design intent
- Broad exposure to mechanical design and development practices
- Working knowledge of manufacturing techniques such as injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, welding, machining and 3D printing
- Experience designing and documenting machined, sheet metal, and cast parts for prototype and mass production
- Experience working with various suppliers to integrate components into system design
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
- Ability to apply customer and company-wide perspective to detailed technical decisions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- BS/MS Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Solidworks proficiency
- DFM and DTC
- Working knowledge of fluid systems
- Working knowledge of high pressure systems
- Basic knowledge of vacuum systems
- PLM systems
- Hands-on machine build and operation experience
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems
More Jobs From