SS&C Eze is seeking a Senior Engagement Specialist to join the Product Specialist Trading Team in its Boston, New York, or Chicago office. At SS&C Eze, we are passionate about investing in our employees and delighting our clients. This environment has helped us create a community focused on employee interests and well-being, innovation, and skill-building.
About the Team
The Product Specialist Trading team sits right in the middle of the action. Our responsibility is to become experts in our Trading product and collaborate with buy-side and sell-side traders, R&D stakeholders, and Engagement Managers to ensure the SS&C investment suite remains an asset for our clients. You will prioritize daily high-priority electronic trading requests with long-term projects to keep our clients’ Trading Operations up and running. The role will also help develop and apply best practices to team procedures with an eye on constantly improving the overall efficiency of the work.
Day to Day
- Manage a high volume of client connection and/or case requests
- Build relationships and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Project scoping and case evaluation process
- Develop training materials and documentation for team members and internal groups
- Involvement with product and development teams to help guide functionality
- Help develop repeatable implementation plans to consistently and efficiently deliver against company, team, and individual goals critical to various projects
- Implement foundational elements of the SS&C Eze product suite with an emphasis on FIX and electronic trading
- Troubleshoot ambiguous software issues using internal resources and leveraging other product experts
- Bachelor’s Degree from a related field
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of FIX protocol for versions 4.0, 4.2, and 4.4 across multiple asset classes
- Network troubleshooting experience
- Client facing experience within electronic trading space
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and small projects across multiple clients at the same time
- Strong organization skills and must be detail-oriented
- Consistent positive attitude, even when dealing with difficult situations
- Must be able to manage expectations on deliverables to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to understand key interdependencies and impact of work
- A motivated individual who is proactive about completing tasks and picking up projects
It would be great if you also had:
- Intermediate SQL skills - comfortable composing complex queries to pull data and running statements to modify DB tables when necessary
- UNIX/Linux command line knowledge
From The Manager:
“Our team has embraced the growth mindset by consistently finding ways around roadblocks and technical hurdles. We no longer are satisfied with identifying the problem, but instead ask, “how can we make this better?” This mentality has increased productivity, helped create employee resource groups, and kept our team engaged with clients while working from home. We want an individual who has embraced the growth mindset and can bring new ideas and energy to the team.”
Who We Are:
We are a trusted and proven partner to the investment community. We complement our award winning investment workflow technology with expert global customer service. We pride ourselves on fully understanding each client’s unique needs and advising them on best practices and processes to maximize their operational and investment alpha. Our team is made up of more than 1,000 global employees in 11 locations worldwide. We are headquartered in Boston, with offices in Chicago, Hong Kong, Hyderabad, London, New York, Rio De Janeiro, San Francisco, Singapore, Stamford, and Sydney.
We are a highly dedicated team of innovators and experts who love to collaborate on the cutting edge. We service our clients’ unique and growing needs with highly configurable, expansive, and integrated products for the entire investment process and community and we are never satisfied until our customers are delighted. We celebrate this passion and commitment by fostering a culture that promotes innovation, growth, communication and achievement from the bottom up. We nurture the entrepreneurial spirit and welcome productive debate. We encourage open communications and upward feedback, we learn quickly from our mistakes, challenge the status quo – all while remaining accountable to our colleagues and clients. We also understand work is a big part of life, so having fun and celebrating hard work is core within our culture.