Bevi is an environmental company that aims to entirely eliminate disposable bottles and cans through smart beverage machines that purify water and create healthy beverages on demand. Our first product is an IoT office water cooler that serves customizable sparkling and flavored water. Were growing over 100% year over year and have raised over $60M in venture capital.
We are seeking a Senior Embedded Controls Engineer to b our Engineering team. This role is critical to designing and actualizing the operating systems of our product, ensuring that our machine functions reliably, consistently, and optimally. Our Senior Embedded Controls Engineer will be responsible for architecting, developing and implementing code that resides on Bevi machines, in addition to developing tools that will enable our engineering team to invent, implement and validate new ways to deliver an exceptional user experience at a rapid pace of development. The Senior Embedded Controls Engineer will work with a team of multidisciplinary R&D and product development engineers and be responsible for overall system definition, documentation and system integration activities.
- Develop and maintain code for machine operation including firmware, operating system and drivers to optimize for performance and cost
- Specify and document architecture for onboard control and firmware to facilitate consistent reliable operation, remote management, diagnostics and scalability of Bevis rapidly expanding fleet of machines
- Own system sequence definition for all machine use cases including error conditions and fault handling
- Design and maintain APIs to connect machine with various systems, including user interface, cloud backend and diagnostic tools
- Integrate, analyze and report system sensor data, and implement control laws according to sound theory and best practices
- Support R&D, product development and manufacturing teams with creation of internal tools to monitor and control various systems
We think you will bring:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Controls Engineering, Computer Science or other related field
- Minimum 4 years in Embedded & Controls Engineering
- Experience implementing real time control systems
- Familiarity with embedded operating systems and device drivers
- Experience writing firmware for RISC/ARM architecture in C
- Experience with embedded system debug and bring-up
- Competitive compensation package, inclusive of both commission and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield and MetLife, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and personal finance education
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, plus additional paid days for sick leave, bereavement, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers (mothers and fathers)
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Generous employee referral program
- Fully stocked kitchen and Bevi on tap - and composting and terracycling, too
- Monthly happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards and more!
More Jobs From