EF Tours helps students gain new perspectives and build skills for the future through experiential learning. As an accredited institution, we partner with educators across the United States to create global travel programs that blend classroom, digital, and experiential learning for students.
The Tours Engineering team is a hub of talented product managers, engineers, and creative professionals empowering EF to send groups of students and educators on guided educational tours across the world. We power every step of our customers journey from showcasing our tour offerings, to creating personalized itineraries, and collecting their feedback after the tour.
The Web Engineering team owns all of the EF Education Tours customer-facing websites and applications. As we look toward our future, we are looking to adapt to the changed customer expectations through every digital engagement and interaction. For this, we are looking for a Senior Director of Web Architecture who will help us envision this future and work to ensure that we arent just building the infrastructure for this engagement to take place but creating the customer experience, as well. The Senior Director of Web Architecture will oversee multiple Engineering teams to create and develop these strategic solutions and will also be responsible for selecting a new technology stack to accomplish this. You will be responsible for architecture, executing technical strategy, and partnering with the Engineering leadership team to maintain consistent application of technical best practices across the department.
What youll do:
- Works closely with Product, User Experience, Engineering leadership and Marketing stakeholders to understand and establish goals and priorities; works with Engineering team to experiment and build innovative technology to solve problems
- Collaborates on the development of engineering and technical standards, practices and procedures which are consistent with business goals
- Manages the ongoing professional growth and development of engineers within their direct teams
- Enables team to continuously ship application improvements and works with scrum masters and tech leads to define success per project
- Works with directors and tech leads to effectively allocate resources to complete projects successfully, in both head count and skillset
- Partners with tech lead(s) to perform technical project audits to verify adherence to standards and best practices. Be the driver for consistent use of QA/QC processes and procedures.
- Develops and implements strategies for continuous improvement including the use of technology to increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Creates and executes the hiring plan to grow the team as needed, understanding the needs of the team, and act as point of contact thru the hiring process
- Fosters a team environment that promotes improved communication among individual staff, teams, and offices
Who you are:
- Bachelors or master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field preferred
- 5+ years' experience as a hands-on engineer
- 3+ years of management and/or engineering leadership experience
- Has led a multi-team effort to deliver a new website
- Experience building web-based platforms as a partner with Marketing teams
- Experience building over or integrating with CRM technologies
- Are excited about solving complicated business problems by bringing forth strategic, technical solutions
- Operates with flexibility to be able to adapt to the business needs
- Solid understanding of object-oriented concepts and REST API's
- Familiarity with Cloud Technologies, AWS is preferred
- Experience and interest in Domain Driven Design, Unit Testing, Inversion of Control, and Agile Development
Lets talk about the Perks:
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally
- Discounts on travel
- Free language classes, taught in-house
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience, and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.