We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will revolutionize how people experience insurance. If youre an innovative thought leader who wants to use modern, open technologies and frameworks to develop products that positively impact people, then join our team and lets build something great together.
We are seeking a Sr. Director, User Experience Research to research human behavior, uncovering the pain points and needs of our customers, to help them navigate the deeply emotional journeys related to insurance.
The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level.
- User research: You will help guide your co-located user research team to uncover what customers think, feel, and value by using insights from user research, site metrics, and industry trends to translate findings into actionable recommendations for key customer journeys.
- Collaborative, agile delivery: You will collaborate with multiple functions to bring new experiences to market using agile methodologies. You will continuously evolve user research strategy based on user feedback and test results to ensure solutions deliver real value to customers.
- Talent development: You will coach and mentor a team of user researchers, providing ongoing feedback to help them strengthen their research techniques and develop their business consulting, communication, and presentation skills. You will ensure the right team members are deployed to the right problems to get the best results.
- Evolve user research standards: You will partner across the organization to help ensure continuity across channels and touch points for key customer journeys. You will execute qualitative and quantitative user research, global user research, accessibility research, and market research in the creation of user-centered design solutions for our digital teams. We will look to you to stay current with user research methodologies and tools, helping the team to evolve their practices.
- Masters degree in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Design or related field.
- 12+ years of experience in user research and usability testing
- Well-rounded user research skill set: discovery and exploratory research, usability testing, online surveys, customer interviews, contextual inquiry, ethnographic research.
- Demonstrated capabilities in 1-2 additional disciplines (information architecture, content strategy, and/or visual design) are preferred.
- Experience conducting accessibility audits and reviews, as well as familiarity with WCAG AA standards
- Experience conducting international research, particularly in South America, Western Europe, and Asia
- Experience working with business and development teams throughout the product lifecycle.
- Proven delivery of business and customer value achieved through shipped products.
- Experience mentoring user research talent and leading project teams; direct management and experience building teams strongly preferred.
- Experience using the Design Thinking framework and other human-centered design techniques, including persona development and journey-mapping.
- Strong storytelling skills, ability to pitch user research methods and concepts to executive audiences.
- Strong facilitation skills, proven ability to lead cross-functional teams through design thinking and research synthesis workshops.
- Expertise using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research tools, such as Validately and UserZoom and recording software such as Zoom and GoToMeeting.
- Expertise and ability to train others in methodologies such as Accessibility, Agile, Design Thinking, Lean UX, and Lean Startup.
- Expertise in Agile matrixed leadership, Global UX research leadership, and Digital Transformation.
We value your hard work, integrity and dedication to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers. Learn more.
More Jobs From