Were an international agtech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a high growth industry where agriculture and technology meet to solve our toughest climate and economic challenges. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced partner ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming gurus who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge techies on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer.
We are looking for an Engineering Leader to take ownership of our Pricing Tools Engineering team. This team is a key contributor in driving company revenue by providing a set of financial vehicles for farmers to use. The scope of the team includes providing software solutions for our trading team to operate efficiently, integrating with financial and trading institutions and enabling this functionality inside our Marketplace application.
- Effectively lead and manage a high-performing team of engineers against projects, clearly communicating tradeoffs; continuing to build a strong, cohesive, inclusive culture. Serve as a thought-leader and partner to help grow and scale Indigo Technology Platform.
- Serve as an effective evangelist for the team, building relationships with key customer stakeholders throughout the organization.
- In collaboration with the Architecture team, finalize plans, execute and deliver the platform scalability, reliability, maintainability, usability, business flexibility and security, with agreed-to major deliverables on a quarterly basis.
- In collaboration with Software Product Management, finalize plan, execute and deliver Software Platform and Tools within agreed-to timeframe and quality standards, with agreed-to major deliverables on a quarterly basis
- Develop recruiting strategy to attract and develop A+ technologists and leaders
- Able to prioritize conflicting demands; able to prioritize large number of requests/requirements from diverse group of end-users; able to set expectations to broad group of internal clients
- Thrives in fast-paced environments; able to switch focus and context quickly
- Builds trusted working relationships naturally; able to lead by influence as well as direct line reporting
- Strong analytic problem solver; able to decompose problems into manageable pieces and identify the path of least resistance for getting to conviction
- Effective team manager with experience tackling moderate sized teams in high stakes, high velocity environments
- Experience building complex transactional, data-driven and high volume systems at scale
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in relevant field or related experience
- Experience building and managing mid to large sized teams of Engineers and Engineering Managers
- Technical experience
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Financial Trading Systems
- Hedging and Risk
- Transactional systems
- Commodity Pricing
- Experience working cross-functionally with agile software development teams
- Experience building consensus with senior leadership
- Experience working in fast-paced, quickly pivoting environment
Indigo is extraordinary, and we owe that to the individuals who make up our community and enable success through diversity of thought, experience, background, perspective, race, sexuality, gender, age, and everything else that makes a person uniquely themselves. Connected by a common vision and empowered by our unique character, we arent ordinary, and neither are you. Embrace your extraordinary and join Indigo in cultivating a healthier planet!
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- Catered Lunches
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan