Office Tour Photos
Purpose of the Role
The Senior Director, Sales and Services Enablement (Engagement) reports to the SVP, Sales and Services Enablement and is primarily focused on the development and execution of a strategy that leverages technology to engage and optimizes the effectiveness of our Sales and Services organizations to increase critical selling time and reduce non-revenue generating activities. The strategy will leverage social media avenues and HMH Enablement platforms to allow for personalized, high impact and engaging subscription style interactions with content. This role will be an integral member of the Sales and Services Enablement organization and will lead the Engagement team as well as collaborate closely with the Enablement leadership team, other key stakeholders and executive leaders across the HMH landscape to uncover needs and develop engagement strategies.
- Manage, mentor, motivate and inspire the development of resources and maintain team accountability to ensure on-demand content is aligned, relevant and delivered on time and within scope and budget.
- Responsible for people management includes hiring, promotions, pay and performance reviews and other human capital decisions, as well as managing, mentoring and developing individual contributor employees
- Lead the enablement engagement practice, providing expertise and advice to partners within various corporate and business groups to ensure information is synchronized with program launches, 2020 strategic initiatives, and priorities.
- Develop and lead the engagement strategy aligned with 2020 Enablement and company-wide initiatives via a variety of diverse modalities.
- Proactively research and implement new ways to more effectively use existing and emerging platforms, methods, tools and channels to share and access information across HMH.
- Brainstorm and research ideas to craft original content to engage the Sales and Services organizations, whether it’s aligning them with the HMH vision, connecting them to HMH mission, deepening understanding of the strategy or creating effective employee experiences.
- Create metrics for tracking and measuring success.
- Maintain and analyze accurate data and reporting around deliverables to measure engagement and impact and adjust as landscape evolves.
- The People Manager role is a very important one at HMH. People Managers at HMH enable and empower people to do their best work in an environment that encourages collaboration and innovation and fosters development and learning. They translate the company's strategic vision, align their group's work, and help individuals understand their impact on HMH's success. They assess their direct reports' performance and partner on career planning. They are collaborators and catalysts, breaking down complex problems into simple solutions and leading through change.
- Decision Making
- Innovation & Creativity
- Sales Acumen/Business Acumen
- Adult Learning Theory and Methodology
- Communication (verbal/written)
- Time Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Technical Skills Leadership
- Bachelor’s degree required – business or related field preferred
- 8+ years in Sales and Services preferred; Sales and Services Enablement experience preferred
- 5+ years managing people – leading teams
- Knowledge of K-12 education industry is preferred
- Ability to liaise with Marketing to determine where products best fit within Enablement platform
- Creative self-starter obsessed with innovation, industry trends, pop culture, all things design and a passion for developing the protocols for impactful, personalized dissemination of information and knowledge transfer experiences for AEs
- Ability to synthesize information from across HMH to position effectively with Sales and Services organizations
- Understanding of the HMH solution sales environment and value propositions
- Understanding of educational pedagogy, content and sales skills
- Ability to collaborate within and across functional areas
- Meticulous attention to detail, ability to self-assess, rework projects, ask colleagues for reviews and take and provide feedback to others to ensure ‘best-in-class’ deliverables
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and to manage time to complete projects within specified timeframes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical skills with MS Office products and CRM platform preferred
- Ability to lead, mentor, and build a team
Ability to travel as needed (10-15%)
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Continually operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
More Jobs From