Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Our approach to mobile security, from the beginning, has been to analyze all aspects of the mobile ecosystem and use a cloud-based machine learning solution to identify threats in that data, and protect our user from those threats via a light-weight cloud connected mobile app. With the support of leading integration and go-to-market partners, our innovative solutions have defined, and continue to lead, in each of their market categories.
We are looking for an exceptional product management leader to lead and grow our consumer and carrier product management team. The right leader will know how to build a leading product organization, instill a culture of excellence and passion, and ensure the continued leadership of our products and solutions for personal mobile security.
If successful in fulfilling this role you will own strategy, roadmap, and execution across our entire range of consumer and carrier products which includes the products we sell through the mobile app stores, offerings sold through telecommunications partners, and OEM partner solutions. You'll lead and grow a team of product managers in 3+ offices to create the future of personal mobile security. This will be done in collaboration with Engineering, Design, Research, Data Analytics and Marketing. To deliver you must establish credibility at the executive level, form strong relationships with other functions within Lookout, as well as with our carrier partners, and influence the entire team to execute effectively.
Our goal is to hire an incredible leader that brings proven consumer and carrier product management experience, experience delivering solutions as-a-service, and a track record of leading high customer and revenue growth solutions sold thorough app stores, carriers, and as third-party OEM solutions. You should have a strong product viewpoint and be able to lead the consumer product direction of the entire company.
- Recruit, manage and grow a team of incredible product leaders
- Develop a vision for a new & compelling cybersecurity solution for consumers, leveraging Lookouts platform and portfolio assets
- Track trends in mobile products and usage and maintain pulse on competitive landscape to identify opportunities for innovation and differentiation
- Work with our marketplace and carrier partners, external customers, and internal research, data, design, and engineering teams to shape and define our personal mobile device security roadmap
- Manage product relationships with carrier partners alongside business stakeholders to deliver on existing projects and grow new business
- Continually analyze, innovate and implement solutions that help our customers secure digital life, while also understanding and protecting end users desire for increasing privacy
- Ensure data and quantitative impact are at the forefront of each team's efforts and are based on proper opportunity assessments
- Build upon Lookouts data-supported strategies for development, and cultivate a culture of product specialists/owners that make data driven decisions
- Create a collaborative and inclusive environment that is respectful, open-minded, and effective, and foster a team culture of accountability and self-management
- 15+ years of software industry with an ideal mix of product management, product marketing, strategy development and business development
- Record of creating product vision and translating it into easily understandable value proposition and message
- Proven history of managing, recruiting, and developing high performing product management teams
- Proven track record of delivering successful consumer software products and services through both the mobile app stores and through wireless carrier partnerships
- Experience delivering and maintaining white-labeled software products sold by partners or third parties
- Experience developing and maintaining services and apps sold by wireless carrier partners, and integrating these with carrier infrastructure for billing, fulfillment, and activation
- 3+ years of experience in directly managing a team of 5+ people with a passion for developing the careers of high-performing team members
- Background in rapid SaaS delivery and working closely with agile engineering teams, design, research, customer support, partners, and third parties across offices in many different locations and time zones
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills characterized by clarity and brevity
- Strong ability to influence people at all levels both within Lookout and outside our organization
- Dynamic and engaging speaker at ease in front of audiences of all sizes and backgrounds
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills and a natural predisposition toward data-driven decision making
- Ability to make reasoned decisions in the face of uncertainty or imperfect data
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of whats most important
- Provide leadership while never forgetting that youre a team player
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field, MBA strongly desired.