Senior Director of Product
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
The TripAdvisor Experiences team is seeking an enthusiastic, passionate Senior Product Director to help us accelerate our growth by helping us define an implement a revenue optimization and merchandising strategy across our many distribution touch points including TripAdvisor Things to Do, Viator.com and our many partner sites.
The role will be a champion of achieving outcomes in a transparent, collaborative way - someone who navigates cross-functional complexity and truly believes we can achieve more together than we ever could alone. This product owner will apply a deep knowledge of revenue optimization, merchandising, machine learning and model optimization in leading a team of Product Managers, Engineers and Data Scientists down the road you have put in place.
In the Experiences business unit, you will have the opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing areas at TripAdvisor, where you will have a lot of ownership and will be contributing directly to TripAdvisors growth and success.
What You Will Do
- Make a sizable impact on the top line by leading cross-functional teams in the ideation, technical development, and launch of smarter merchandising and pricing strategies across Desktop, Mobile Web and Native apps.
- Define and implement measurement strategy for thematic success and ensure transparency and alignment on progress at all levels
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution.
- Manage, grow and develop a team of Product Managers
- Understand TripAdvisors Experiences evolving strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
What You Will Bring to the Team
- 10+ years of experience in e-commerce optimization
- 10+ years of experience managing teams focused on driving results through algorithm development, model optimization and machine learning
- 10+ years of data-driven product optimization using analytical skills such as SQL, Tableau, or similar Business Intelligence tools. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate action plans to support decisions
- Passion for making decisions quickly in order to seize opportunities that lead to team success
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative and tenacity while working independently. Thrives on challenges and is not deterred by difficult situations. Works proactively rather than reactively
- Comfortable with and adaptable to change. We work in an innovative fast growth environment where products and processes evolve rapidly