Senior Director of Operations
Care@Work is seeking a Director of Operations to drive operational excellence as the business grows and evolves and we add new clients and processes to our platform. This is a critical management role within the C@W Operations team with the opportunity to manage and grow a motivated team, design processes to deliver a differentiated customer experience, create operating leverage and support accelerated business growth.This is a great opportunity to work within the fastest growing business within Care.com and we are looking for someone with the desire to grow and the hunger to guide Care@Work to the top of its industry.
The Director of Operations must be a flexible and resourceful problem-solver who is motivated to work with all departments within the organization. In the day-to-day responsibilities for this role, the Director of Operations will provide guidance and support to a large and growing team of individuals who guide Care@Work's daily operations in a constantly changing environment. The position requires the exercise of exceptional judgment, ability to juggle multiple priorities and execute with excellence.
- Scale for fast-paced growth by building off a strong operational and servicing foundation
- Be a strategic, resourceful and solutions-oriented partner to Sales and Account management teams with a focus on delivering excellent service
- Effectively manage the Ops budget to ensure that resources are being deployed in the highest gain areas helping Care@Work continue to differentiate itself operationally.
- Partner with the VP of Operations and other Ops leaders to create and deliver a longer-term operational strategy that meets the needs of the growing business.
- Develop, scale and manage an operational center of excellence. Foster continuous improvement and reengineering of processes
- Manage leadership responsibilities - hire and develop the right people as the team expands and provide day-to-day leadership, coaching and development to direct reports. Support a growing team to ensure that its members are operating at their maximum potential.
- Strive for excellent customer service in a B2B environment and manage KPIs. Review operating statistics regularly to ensure client and C@W goals are being met in areas of fulfillment, service quality and timeliness. Typical areas of focus include: fulfillment, customer satisfaction, call handle times, and NPS.
- Manage escalations of transaction-specific issues
- Participate in client visits and roundtables to provide input on program performance or new ops initiatives being offered
- Understand tools and technology required by the team to scale operations. Proactively collaborate with the Product team to prioritize initiatives that have maximum impact.
- Develop strategic plan for medium and long term growth.
- 10+ years of relevant experience with a track record of increasing responsibility for managing people and processes
- Demonstrated success leading teams and coaching individuals
- Experience developing and implementing new programs and processes
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, unstructured and resource-constrained environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills, intellectual curiosity, and an innovative approach to solving practical business problems
- Demonstrated ability to make complex decisions and solve problems for call center processes using qualitative, quantitative, and financial data
- Proven ability to delegate and manage work load and projects across functions within the team
- Experience in the servicing industry
- BA/BS in Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience
Since launching in 2007, Care.com (NYSE: CRCM) has been committed to solving the complex care challenges that impact families, caregivers, employers, and care service companies. Today, Care.com is the world's largest online destination for finding and managing family care, with 17.7 million families and 13.1 million caregivers* across more than 20 countries, including the U.S., UK, Canada and parts of Western Europe, and approximately 1.5 million employees of corporate clients having access to our services. Spanning child care to senior care, pet care, housekeeping and more, Care.com provides a sweeping array of services for families and caregivers to find, manage and pay for care or find employment. These include: a comprehensive suite of safety tools and resources members may use to help make more informed hiring decisions - such as third-party background check services, monitored messaging, and tips on hiring best practices; easy ways for caregivers to be paid online or via mobile app; and Care.com Benefits, including the household payroll and tax services provided by Care.com HomePay and the Care Benefit Bucks program, a peer-to-peer pooled, portable benefits platform funded by household employer contributions which provides caregivers access to professional benefits. For enterprise clients, Care.com builds customized benefits packages covering child care, back up care and senior care consulting services through its Care@Work business, and serves care businesses with marketing and recruiting support. Headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts, Care.com has offices in Berlin, Austin and the San Francisco Bay area.
*As of September 2018
Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.