Sophos evolves to meet every new challenge, protecting more than 400,000 organizations of all sizes in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by SophosLabs, our cloud-native and AI-enhanced solutions are able to adapt and evolve to secure endpoints and networks against never-before-seen cybercriminal tactics and techniques. Managed through our award-winning, cloud-based platform, Sophos Central, our best-of-breed products work together through our unique Synchronized Security system to share threat intelligence and respond to evolving threats. The Sophos suite of products secures networks and endpoints against automated and active-adversary breaches, ransomware, malware, exploits, data exfiltration, phishing, and more.
This role will lead a transformational effort within Sophos to enable the organization to scale our investments in custom-developed business solutions. By developing a technology vision combined with operational and organizational strategies, this individual will ensure that we are building a product-oriented IT organization designed to meet the very specific needs of Sophos’ business stakeholders.
- Lead the vision and strategy for the technical roadmap required to support business objectives; evaluate buy vs. build strategies and make recommendations to senior leadership.
- Develop and implement best-in-class strategies for software development, including Agile delivery, DevOps, environment, and release management.
- Manage and oversee delivery of all technical projects, developing processes, metrics, and communication methods to ensure successful implementation of software initiatives.
- Build and manage the onshore/offshore team, ensuring appropriate personnel, organizational structures, and technical skillsets exist to support planned initiatives.
Experience and Skills
- Prior experience as a Senior Director/VP running large software engineering teams in a high growth organization.
- Demonstrated experience with a wide variety of technologies including Java, .NET, Force.com, Test and Build automation tooling, Jira, etc.
- Experience in developing and effectively communicating large-scale software development strategies to senior executives.
- Demonstrated interest in continuous learning and desire to develop others, building a world-class function supported with quantifiable results and metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and influence an organization’s thinking
- Relevant bachelor’s degree, masters preferred.
Sophos is committed to equal opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
More Jobs From