Are you looking for an opportunity where you can play a key role helping to guide and foster the transformation of one of the largest industries in the world?
Do you have a passion for data technology and the possibilities that come from the insights it provides?
Do you believe that building trust through empathy and openness is essential to success in the evolving digital landscape?
The Liberty Mutual Global Retail Markets (GRM) US Technology Information Management (IM) team is seeking a passionate data practitioner and leader as Senior Director, Business Data Solutions Engineering (BSDE). This role is responsible for leading data engineering teams to build holistic and consistent data solutions for all GRM business functions leveraging standard solutions such as MDM, data lake, data warehouse, data science/advanced analytics and cloud technologies. You will be central to the implementation of several GRM strategic initiatives for our business stakeholders to improve insights they derive from data. This role reports to the VP & Senior Director for Information Management within GRM US.
- Drive strong partnerships between your team and business partners, including the Product Owners (PO) leadership in the GRM US Data Office, Chief Data Officer, and others.
- Direct your team in building data solutions which span all data platforms Customer MDM, data lake (relational, NoSQL), data warehouse (Teradata or new technologies) and data tools (Data Visualization, Data Catalog, Data Virtualization and Advanced Analytics/Data Science).
- Work with internal and external partners to define and implement business and IT vision and roadmaps for data solutions across all six (6) business functional domains (Finance, Product, Customer/Marketing/Digital, Finance, Agency/Strategic Partners and Sales and Service).
- Partner with Architecture/Data Strategy and Design teams on data solutions ensuring consistent use of design standards and patterns and on the data transformation initiative to re-design existing data warehouse and lake ecosystems.
- Build and lead a team of managers, directors, scrum masters, engineers, and technologists in a fun work environment to drive high standards of achievement as "one data team."
- Partner with IM Portfolio leadership to drive team to mature release management, scaled agile, consistent metrics and efficient processes.
- Build partnerships and collaborate with technology peers (Agile Excellence coaches, Operations, Engineering Enablement) across business frontline systems, ensuring solutions align and are factored-into agile planning process.
- Build-out new or transform existing Data Management tools or processes including protecting data as an asset (security, compliance, audit, etc.), data quality and governance, central monitoring, data cataloging and reference data or MDM functions.
- Evangelize across IM department for data quality and overall security, stable, reliable systems and engineering excellence.
- Own creation and execution of plans for application and data asset retirement of technical debt as well as enterprise initiatives like data center migrations or moves.
- Devise talent strategy for the team identify resource gaps or inefficiencies, build hiring plan, recommend promotions and manage performance for consistency with the needs and vision of the department.
- Establish financial plan for department; ensures project financial plans are met by managers in department. Jointly establishes financial targets with business partners.
- Develop and maintain a network of industry contacts; performs or directs research on industry trends, competitors, business and IT products; analyzes trends and makes strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Bachelor's or masters degree in technical or business discipline or related experience; Master's Degree preferred.
- Generally a minimum of fifteen (15) years related hands-on experience effectively managing data platforms, data tools, and/or depth of data management technologies with five (5) years in leadership role desirable.
- Working knowledge of Teradata, Informatica, Power BI, Tableau and MicroStrategy.
- Working knowledge of metadata management, data modeling, data catalog or related tools (Erwin or ER Studio, Alation).
- Experience with cloud data technologies such as AWS data lake technologies S3, EMR, Athena, Glacier.
- A bar-raiser mentality and are driven to motivate and lead teams to achieve great things.
- Passion for operational efficiency, quantitative performance metrics and process orientation.
- In-depth knowledge of agile engineering practices, standards and guidelines.
- Customer passion, business focus and the ability to negotiate, facilitate and build consensus.
- The ability to promote a team environment across a large set of separate agile teams and stakeholders.
- Strong team management, financial / budget management, organizational, communication and presentation skills.
- Effective vendor and offshore staffing expertise.
- Experience in Data Science and Advanced Analytic tools (R, Python and/or SAS).
- Experience with data virtualization technologies.
- Certifications in Agile development methodologies or PMP.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers. Learn more
More Jobs From