At Hopper, were on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the worlds fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the worlds most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apples App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
Our Airline relationships are the foundation of Hoppers value proposition to consumers, and were looking for a rock star to lead our Airline partnerships team. This important leader will oversee a team of talented sales people who sign and maintain partnership agreements with airlines all over the world. The role requires outstanding sales, management, and analytical skills.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Own a set of revenue goals related to Hoppers airline partnerships
- Negotiate complex deals that optimize Hoppers air content and revenue opportunity
- Establish sales targets, engage with airline prospects, and maintain relationships with 150+ airlines around the world
- Establish and utilize analytical tools and trackers to monitor and evaluate sales team performance
- Manage a high performing team of sales and account management professionals
- Orchestrate fulsome engagement plans with strategic airline partners that include multiple company to company relationships
- Represent Hopper at many travel industry events; often as a speaker or panelist
- Successfully advocate within Hopper for product features that support air carrier distribution priorities and opportunities
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- At least 7 years of business development experience at startup or high growth stage tech companies
- 3 or more years experience in the online travel, airline, or airline technology industries
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Steady career advancement gaining expanded scope and responsibility over time
- A structured, process driven approach to sales and the ability to impart such process on the sales team
- Track record of achieving or exceeding sales goals in a challenging, complex sales environment
- Proven dedication to tracking sales activity through a CRM tool such as salesforce.com
- Built and maintained a motivating variable incentive plan for a sales team
- Closed deals through complex sales engagements that include multiple relationship touchpoints
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills with the ability to distinguish urgent from important work
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate a diverse, field-based team
- An innovative and detail-oriented approach to problem-solving
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass
IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy)
Team lunches, offsite activities and much more!
More Jobs From