As Senior Director of Account Management, you will be a key leader at Boston Digital, owning successful project delivery and growth of client portfolios, providing the highest level of service to our clients, and delivering strategic interactive solutions that meet their business needs. You will mentor and lead an Account Management Team of professionals in delivering digital solutions that meet clients’ business goals and exceed expectations, with a focus on managing to budgets and resources. As an agency veteran who understands Boston Digital’s suite of services and solutions, the Senior Director of Account Management will play a strategic advisor role, building strong multi-year partnerships with client decision makers to help drive organic agency growth.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in client-facing digital agency account management, experience managing and growing teams, digital marketing and/or web experience, and strong business acumen and leadership qualities.
- Manage and mentor a team of Account Directors and Account Managers, coaching them on account management best practices and client relationship management
- Manage agency’s most strategic accounts with highest revenue potential
- Lead internal teams in servicing your client portfolio, including large-scale website projects and digital marketing campaigns from strategy phase to project launch, including strategy development, implementation, and overall scope/budget/timeline management
- Own the client relationship and client sentiment - build strong, collaborative client relationships, particularly with senior level marketing contacts and IT staff
- Ensure that each engagement meets or exceeds the client’s expectations, its impact is quantified, understood and made visible within the client organization.
- Serve as an internal champion for the client’s needs; ensure client satisfaction and overall health of each engagement
- Guide each engagement to ensure alignment of client’s business drivers to conceptual solution and execution strategy
- Increase agency footprint within your client portfolio for ongoing revenue growth and to foster and build upon long-term agency-client partnerships
- Develop proposals, estimates and pitches in collaboration with agency leadership
- Build and expand relationships with existing clients; promote Boston Digital’s value proposition and identify new buying centers and sales opportunities
- Collaborate effectively with senior leaders and internal functions across Boston Digital to ensure that engagements and potential revenue are tracked, staffed, contracted and delivered
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Account Services on agency initiatives, including revenue generation and account penetration in existing accounts to meet quarterly objectives
- Improve account service and processes to increase profitability and client satisfaction
- Manage Account Services team resources, helping to provide the team with the best tools possible to maximize efficiency and profitability
- Serve as escalation point for clients to resolve issues and mitigate risks identified by Account Managers, ensuring that work is proceeding with appropriate visibility and all required support
- Forecast resource needs across multiple projects and accounts to ensure project success
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 8 years of client management and delivery experience in a professional services context, digital agency experience preferred
- At least 3 years of experience successfully building and mentoring a team of account managers or digital project managers
- Deep experience managing DIgital Marketing engagements and Website Development projects
- Proven track record of driving organic revenue growth with client accounts, meeting or exceeding revenue targets
- Excellent relationship, client management, and communication skills with an innate ability to create a superior client experience while displaying strong influencing, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills through a collaborative team approach
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with ability to effectively manage multiple client engagements simultaneously
- Demonstrated knowledge of website and digital marketing principles and best practices
- Passionate about the digital ecosystem, with a strong blend of technical and creative dexterity
- Organized, flexible, goal-oriented, results-driven individual with effective time management and prioritization skills, as well as a strong attention to detail
- BA or BS Degree
- Boston area applicants only
Boston Digital will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Agency must obtain advance written approval from Boston Digital's recruiting function to submit resumes to a specific job opening.
Why You'll Love It Here
We work hard here, so we take our fun seriously. As a Boston Digital team member, not only will you contribute to amazing projects and build a worthwhile career, you'll also enjoy the benefits that turn a simple job into a passion.