Senior DevOps Engineer (Java or Ruby Development)
Are you a developer who wants to move closer to the DevOps world? If you have a few years of core development in Java or Ruby and would like to move to the world of automation, orchestration and ephemeral deployments - look no further.
Constant Contact is looking for an energetic and motivated individual to join the Continuous Delivery team. The team is tasked with architecting, maintaining and supporting in-house and third party instrumentation and orchestrations tools consumed by our Engineering Teams to make them more efficient and productive as their products pass through the Software Development Life Cycle.
The CD team develops home grown tools as well as integrates with open source and third party software in order to achieve the most efficient and streamlined tooling available to enable our engineers to do their jobs better.
- Migrate build and deploy jobs to Jenkins Pipeline.
- Create new tools in Java or Ruby to support automation.
- Develop and support tooling around configuration management.
- Enhance existing Tool Chain through internal development and investigation of open source and third party software.
- Work with Software Engineers to develop and support our CI / CD process.
- Perform critical system maintenance to increase efficiency and throughput.
- Work closely with various Operations and Engineering teams to troubleshoot issues.
- At least 2 years experience with Ruby, Java or Groovy.
- Experience with CI tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo or Hudson.
- Experience with Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Understanding of CI / CD principles.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
Good to have Experience:
- Exposure to agile project management framework.
- Experience with Linux system administration.
- Familiarity with database technologies preferred.
- Experience with JBoss, TomEE, TorqueBox or similar application servers.
- Experience with system and application-level monitoring tools such as Nagios and NewRelic.
- Experience with Apache, NGINX or similar web servers.