The Infrastructure and DevOps group (IDO) is responsible for innovation in the cloud infrastructure and automation space for Zoom Engineering. Zooms size, culture, and the support we receive from every area the company work together to create an unusual amount of agility. Were using that to build world-class development and production infrastructures, based on the best of the technologies available today, almost completely unhindered by design debt. Our goal is to make our developers dreams come true, while continuing to advance a bulletproof production infrastructure in which our code can run.
Within the group, the successful candidate will be someone excited by the prospect of working and growing with a great team to enhance the companys future. This is a truly hands-on role that requires technical abilities in a forward-thinking environment.. As a team contributor, you will help triage and handle inbound tickets while improving our documentation and process with automation.
Principal staff in ZoomInfo engineering groups are given broad autonomy and personal discretion in their work, and they get to see their work have a direct and tangible impact on the success of engineering, and the companys broader goals. If the idea of operating within an international team, independently and with few constraints, at a high level of authority and responsibility is appealing to you, we want to hear from you.
Summary of essential job functions
- Managing inbound ticket requests from our Engineer user base
- Working hands on with Cloud Infrastructure (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Infrastructure, build, and config management development and code review
- Deployment, configuration, and management of automation and build chain software
- Building automated pipelines
- Internal customer support for cloud and DevOps technologies and processes
- Cross-training of Engineering staff on Cloud and DevOps concepts and procedures
- Mentoring of team members
- Configuration and management of Linux-based tools and third-party cloud services
- Champion best practices and standards within the team, and in the broader Engineering organization
- Thorough, clear, concise documentation of the above
- Experience managing an infrastructure on a cloud provider. AWS preferred (5+ years)
- Solid foundation of experience managing Linux systems in virtual environments (5+ years)
- Experience creating, deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting Docker images (4+ years)
- Experience scoping, deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting Kubernetes clusters (2+ years)
- Experience in developing and maintaining an active codebase in any language, preferably collaboratively (Groovy, GDM, Go, Python, Ansible, and Puppet preferred)
- Experience with PaaS technologies (Kubernetes, Google Kubernetes Engine, and Google App Engine preferred)
- Experience with infrastructure as code using CloudFormation or Terraform (2+ years)
- Thorough understanding of network infrastructure and concepts (VPNs, routers and routing protocols, TCP/IP, IPv4 and v6, UDP, OSI layers, etc.)
- Experience with load balancing, proxy, and service mesh technologies (Consul Connect, ELB, GLB, Envoy, Nginx, HAProxy, Apache, SQUID, etc.)
- Experience deploying and managing automation and deployment tools (Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, etc.)
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting complex problems in the cloud
- Thorough understanding of CI/CD and related concepts.
- Experience with Consul, Vault and Istio are a huge plus
- Slack-native mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work experience.
More Jobs From