The Infrastructure and DevOps group (IDO) is responsible for innovation in infrastructure and automation for ZoomInfo Engineering. Our size, culture, and the support we receive from every area in the company allow us unusual latitude and agility. Were using that to build world-class, multi-provider cloud infrastructures, based on the best technologies available, almost completely unhindered by design debt.
Within the IDO group, Infrastructure Development Engineers are subject matter experts for cloud technologies, service productionization, and creating infrastructure code. This is a truly hands-on role that requires technical abilities in a forward-thinking environment. As Zoom deepens its reliance on machine learning and new data technologies, and expands its infrastructure to multiple cloud providers, this teams responsibilities continue to expand.
As a Principal Infrastructure Engineer, you will be the Infrastructure Development services expert with low-latency microservice coding experience, evangelizing and guiding engineering teams to adopt and develop cloud -native solutions. You will also be one of the enable service productionization enablers which is a key driver within the Infrastructure Development team.
If the idea of operating within an international team, in a fast-paced work environment appeals to you, we want to hear from you.
Summary of essential job functions
- Responsible for creating and maintaining low-latency microservice shim APIs, to provide structured gateway capabilities between applications and services.
- Robust background and working hands on with Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, GCP, and Azure)
- Partner with engineering to design and build highly reliable microservices (API driven, event-driven, and data driven)
- Lead efforts to design, create and manage existing infrastructure, automate, and create standards for key technologies
- Evangelize the drive and continued implementation of service productionization
- Energize the drive for new technologies while also leading the product review and selection for existing and new technologies
- Ensure the cloud environments are engineered to high quality standards that meet both business needs and continuity, and also designed to adapt and scale
- Infrastructure, build, and config management development and code review
- Driving best practices and standards within the team, and in the broader Engineering organization
- Thorough, clear, concise documentation of the above
- Experience with event driven microservices (3+ years)
- Experience creating, deploying and maintaining infrastructure on multi cloud technologies (AWS, Google Cloud and Azure experience a plus (3+ years)
- Experience with API development and integrations, including: REST APIs, JSON RPC (5+ Years)
- Experience with infrastructure as code using Terraform (2+ years)
- Experience with managed services productionization
- Must have experience with deploying at scale various containerized applications and services using technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, EKS, ECS, Lambda, CloudWatch etc.
- Experience in developing and maintaining an active codebase in any language, preferably collaboratively (Groovy, Terraform, Go, Python, Node, and Java preferred)
- Experience working with and\or managing GitHub Enterprise (2+ years)
- Experience with in-memory cache technologies (such as Redis) (1+ years)
- Experience with a centralized logging solution (ELK, DataDog, Splunk) (2+ years)
- Experience deploying and managing automation and deployment tools (Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, etc.)
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting complex problems in the cloud
- Thorough understanding of CI/CD and related concepts
- Demonstrated high level analytical and problem solving skills including the ability to identify new opportunities and technical solutions to solve engineering problems
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work experience.
More Jobs From