- Design, implement, deliver, and maintain our application infrastructure.
- Prioritize design choices that enable rapid development, integrated testing, and high performance
- Work closely with software engineers, product designers, product managers and quality engineers to turn requirements and design documents into scalable, elegant production software
- Mentor junior engineers, contribute to architecture decisions, conduct insightful code reviews
- Strive for continuous improvement of the Zipcar member experience
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation supporting Zipcar production environment.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with a 24/7 production environment, managing hundreds of application instances.
Substantial experience and skill in these technologies:
- Programmatic interaction with VMWare VSphere or AWS APIs
Key DevOps concepts including Infrastructure as Code
- Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or BOSH
- Terraform, CloudFormation, or equivalent
- Software development in Go, Ruby, or Java.
- Databases (relational and document)
- Production observability tooling – Elasticsearch, New Relic, Nagios
- Clear verbal and written communication; demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers from a variety of disciplines
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- Breadth and depth of skill to build and deliver scalable infrastructure
- An obsession with delivering outstanding customer experience and site resiliency
- Devious white-hat security mindset
- Desire to learn new tools, frameworks, languages
- Experience with various software lifecycle tools such as Git, JIRA, etc.
- A commitment to Zipcar’s ideals of sustainable resource sharing and urban mobility
- Delivered a SaaS solution
As a member of the Zipcar Team you will receive:
- Competitive Compensation
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Free Membership
- Discounts on services, products and much more
While we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted.
Zipcar is an EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled
To all recruitment agencies: Zipcar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Zipcar employees or any other company location. Zipcar is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
More Jobs From