Tamr is the enterprise-scale data unification company trusted by industry leaders like GE, Toyota, Thomson Reuters, and GSK. The companys patented software platform uses machine learning supplemented with customers knowledge to unify and prepare data across myriad silos to deliver previously unavailable business-changing insights. With a co-founding team led by Andy Palmer (founding CEO of Vertica) and Mike Stonebraker (Turing Award winner) and backed by founding investors NEA and backed by founding investors NEA and GV, Tamr is transforming how companies get value from their data.
At Tamr we believe that clean, up-to-date data is the sine qua non of informed decisions. We assert that the best way to create accurate data is with human guided machine learning that improves over time. We believe that human intelligence cannot be replaced by machines. We are building the core set of tools to enable companies to leverage their existing domain expertise and data to produce clean, up-to-date data that fuels better decisions and delivers transformational business outcomes.
We are currently looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our DevOps team as we continue to evolve the Tamr Platform. With our growing customer base and increasing demand for additional services, we are growing our DevOps team to focus on supporting the development of new products, deploying to new cloud environments, incorporating third party integrations and tools to enable product engineering.
As a member of the DevOps team some of the project you will be working on are:
- Develop highly scalable, cloud native architectures for large data pipelines
- Build out Tamr Platform as a Service (PaaS) to deploy and monitor scaled out Tamr deployments in the cloud
- Enhance observability of our platform in the cloud via distributed tracing and other technologies
- Enable the engineering team to build scalable, performant, reliable, & secure software
- Support in establishing DevSecOps and Chaos Engineering as core disciplines of Product Engineering
- Overhauling our build and deployment pipeline (CI/CD) to utilize open source platforms and tools to support a core platform and the many applications built on the platform
You might be a good fit if you have 2 or more of the below:
- 2+ years of experience in DevOps/Systems Administration
- 2+ years of experience with cloud-based provisioning, monitoring, and troubleshooting (preferably AWS or Azure)
- Experience with configuration management tools (we use Ansible + Puppet)
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools like CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience with one or more scripting languages such as Python
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Technologies we use:
- Multi-cloud (GCP/AWS/Azure)
- Big Data Technologies (BigTable/Hbase, Dataproc/Databricks/Spark)
- Java, Python, Scala
This position is available in Cambridge MA. Tamr does sponsor employees requiring a visa.
Tamr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.