We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help develop and support our cloud infrastructure and application lifecycle framework. Some may call this a DevOps role, but we like to say this role is in service of the DevOps mission - "to build and support the tools that empower an advanced, fast growing engineering organization."
The DevOps team has the opportunity to work closely with engineers working at all levels of our technology stack. From hardware industrial design and firmware implementation to micro-services and mobile applications, we need candidates with interest in a broad set of technologies.
At SimpliSafe you will design and implement scalable, highly available, and secure technology solutions for wide reaching projects in support of company goals. You will work with cross-functional teams to launch new services. You will document and design various DevOps processes and update existing processes.
We are a collaborative, self-aware, smart, driven, fun, and innovative company paving the way in the
IoT space. Join us!
- Proven track record with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) and automating cloud solutions.
- Champion of the D.R.Y. principle for software development. Dry humor optional.
- Nimble CI/CD approach to implementation.
- Eager to provide technical guidance and education to team members and coworkers on DevOps best practices.
- Expertise in the design and automation of software builds and deployments.
- Always thinking of logs, monitors, and alerts.
- Solid understanding of HTTP, TLS, and REST APIs.
- Familiarity with core Internet technologies and OSI network model.
- A team player with excellent communication skills that is also comfortable working independently.
- Able to balance day-to-day needs of a large production environment against implementing iterative technology improvements.
- Experienced using shell scripts and CLI utilities for general Linux administration.
- Love to build new things, but realize that maintenance is half the battle.
- Security conscious.
- Relentless focus on automation and reproducibility. Able to accomplish that with increasingly complex tools (bash, Python, Ansible, etc).
- Always following advancement in cloud computing technologies and applications.
- Experience in an IoT and micro-services environment.
- Have worked within PCI, HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA or other compliance specifications.
- Strong experience with Terraform.
- Solid understanding of DNS, TCP/IP, layer 3 and layer 7 load balancing and routing.
- Ability to design and implement globally available and redundant services.
- Leverage network technologies to achieve scale and latency requirements.
- Experience creating scalable infrastructure in a multi-account AWS/cloud organization
Technologies at SimpliSafe:
- IAC: Ansible, Puppet (Some legacy Terraform, and Vagrant too)
- AWS services: CloudWatch, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Route53, S3, and more
- CI/CD: CloudBees/Jenkins, GoCD, Travis
- Operating Systems: Linux (Amazon, CentOS and Ubuntu), Firmware or Embedded
- DevOps Tools: Consul, Github, GoCD, Python, Boto3 and AWS API
- Monitoring and Logs: ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash/Filebeat, Kibana), TIG (Telegraph, InfluxDB, Grafana), NewRelic, statsd
- Languages: Angular, C++, Node.js, Drupal/PHP, Python
- Data stores: DynamoDB, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, proxySQL,
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes, ECS and EKS
More Jobs From