LogMeIn: Senior DevOps Engineer
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where self-motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision is key
- Understand the risks of working in a live, 24x7 production environment
- Operate, maintain, and improve LogMeIn’s application infrastructure:
- Production environments
- Staging and test environments
- Analyzing hardware capacities of the application infrastructure and providing recommendations to the Management team for improvements.
- Design and automate a robust provisioning process for environment setups (including test and development environments)
- Designing with practical knowledge hybrid-cloud based solutions. Work with architects and security experts to ensure services are secure
- Anticipating operational problems by monitoring system performance and studying operating targets, while recommending, influencing and implementing solutions to operational problems.
- Support the product development teams in design, development and troubleshooting
- Work closely and synchronize with other teams across LMI to follow standards and improve technical processes
- Demonstrating ownership of initiatives and driving them through to completion, including knowing the difference between project and interrupt driven tiering of work.
- Practical understanding with concepts such as Continuous Testing, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Integration
- Continuously documenting processes and authoring user guides for an expanding infrastructure. Creating infrastructure requirement documents and system maps for the auto-scaling of applications deployed in our datacenters.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Solid operational knowledge of Linux/Ubuntu and troubleshooting & failure mode analysis
- Two or more of: CMD, PowerShell, Python, Bash, JSON & REST APIs
- Experience with complex, distributed production systems
- Experience with one or more of: HHVM, HAProxy, Memcached
- Experience with one or more web servers: Apache, NGINX
- Experience with DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP
- Understanding of Infrastructure design and topology in order to troubleshoot complex problems.
- Understanding theory of load balancing intra-datacenter and inter-datacenter (hardware load balancing, DNS, HAProxy)
- Experience in one of the Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Puppet and Chef
- Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Cassandra
- Exposure in designing the monitoring infrastructure with commercial or open source monitoring systems (Nagios, SCOM, Prometheus, Grafana, Logic Monitor, etc.)
- Virtual environments such as Hyper-V and/or ESX
- Logging standards, self-healing applications and providing Availability as a Service.
- Experience with version control and bug tracking systems (Git, Bitbucket, Jira)
- Interacting with departments and end users having varying skill sets.
- Able to envision the overall big picture situation besides focusing on the details and specific tasks
- Ability to collaborate with others to understand requirements, develop solutions, coordinate with other teams and deliver solutions
- Mentoring junior team members
- Takes the initiative to complete important tasks; influences others to consider alternative approaches that show increased value
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Ability to collaborate with others to understand requirements, develop solutions, coordinate with QA/Testing and deliver finished products
Nice to have:
- Windows Server operating systems (2012 R2, 2016 & 2019), Microsoft Windows troubleshooting & failure mode analysis
- Active Directory, GPO, DNS and IIS
- Experience with Cloud technologies such as AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
- Containerization of application deployments via Jenkins pipelines onto Azure or AWS cloud technologies
- PHP knowledge a plus
More Jobs From
Corporate Account Executive, Customer Engagement & Support
Sales & Business Development
November 21, 2019