Thursday, May 9th, 2019
Senior DevOps Engineer
100 Summer StreetBoston, MA 02110
This is a terrific opportunity for a self-motivated engineer to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will join the automation/infrastructure team and help create, automate, and deliver the infrastructure that supports Forward Financing. You will be involved in just about everything that defines the backbone of the applications, from configuration through deployment and monitoring. This role combines new technologies, an ambitious team, and a fast-growing company.
In this role you will:
- Minimize manual work for engineers through automation.
- Instrument infrastructure and services for the purpose of monitoring, alerting, and logging.
- Participate in code reviews, technical discussions and architectural meetings .
- Lead and Maintain discipline around build and release operations, best-practices, and protocols across the entire development team.
- Help architect, build, and deploy secure infrastructure in support of the engineering team as a whole.
- Run and Maintain different Product environments (staging, production etc).
- Support goals and automation efforts with scripting and programming to deploy and operate our system.
- Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude”. Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done.
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed.
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation”. Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player.
- Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure.
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying.
- Analytical Skills: Structures and processes data to draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Intelligence: Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- 4+ years of proven, hands-on track-record as a devops engineer, focused on cloud-based systems
- Hands-on in-depth experience of Heroku/AWS is required
- Proven experience of developing infrastructure for microservices and complex service oriented architectures
- Excellent understanding of distributed systems, designing for scalability, performance and availability
- Experience of establishing best-practices and deploying supporting technologies for improving platform security (including audit) and reliability (latency, availability, scalability)
- Knowledge of distributed network architectures and network security
- Good knowledge of data persistence technologies including relational databases
- Excellent interpersonal and technical communication with peers, and non-peers alike, with a collaborative attitude
Compensation: At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.
Category: Software Engineering/QA