Encortex is seeking an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to join a high performing team led by our VP, Engineering. This team has an essential role in systems planning, building, testing, deployment, and support of all the key infrastructure and services used at Encortex. As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, you will be highly skilled in IT management best practices, Linux administration, SaltStack Configuration Management, and AWS IaaS/PaaS services.
On a daily basis, you will spend about a third of your time on solutions. This is the triaging, analyzing, and diagnosing any abnormalities with the system. The rest of your time will be spent on interesting project work supporting the improvement and stabilization of the environment and architecture.
In this position, you will be working at a start-up with an automation-first mindset. The role builds and strengthens production stability with an emphasis on automation. You will develop great relationships with your internal customers with your expertise and responsiveness. The role is currently remote but may require onsite meetings from time to time in the future.
- System administration from AWS up through the application layer of all Encortex system
- Build out an automation framework to manage the fast-growing infrastructure system
- Develop a large-scale asynchronous enterprise service bus for an event driven architecture
- Roll-out new ultra-scale analytics-oriented data stores
- Work hand-in-hand with other team members rollout the SaaS solutions across a variety of business verticals
- 5+ years of DevOps experience for a SaaS based technology stack
- Strong Linux system administration skills required
- Skilled coding in Python
- Configuration management experience with SaltStack software platform
- AWS IaaS/PaaS systems, including EC2, VPC
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices
- Experience with ElasticSearch management highly desirable
- Experience supporting mission-critical, zero-downtimes, systems in production
- Skilled in modern logging, monitoring and alerting techniques and tools
- Skilled in CI/CD architectures and workflows
- Strong communication skills: ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Confident working in an autonomous role and environment
- Interested in working with a highly motivated, customer focused, execution-oriented team that relies on each other
Encortex is a data intelligence agency based in Boston. We leverage cutting-edge quantitative analysis to help blue-chip firms improve how they collect, protect, and monetize data. Our team is a small, ambitious, and diverse group of analysts, data engineers, software engineers, and digital marketers. The Encortex team thrives on transparent communication and seriously powerful analytics.
At Encortex, you will benefit from interacting with a small team of super interesting people! You will learn how to solve problems in a community of problem solvers. We appreciate the value of failing fast, transparent and honest communication, and working together as a team. Growth in the role will create opportunities to coach others and participate in team strategy!
Medical, Dental, Vision
Generous PTO and paid holidays
Retirement plan with company contribution
Health & Wellness stipends and much more!
Encortex, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.