Senior DevOps Engineer
We are looking for an experienced engineer to add to our DevOps team. We are migrating from legacy cloud infrastructure to AWS, which will open up abundant opportunities for innovation & improvement. From targeted items such as increasing our usage of container technologies to broader themes such as collaborating on a re-design of our core systems to leverage key AWS services, we are energized at the possibilities that lie ahead. Your knowledge of AWS and sound engineering practices will help guide us to make the right decisions.
More generally, as a DevOps engineer you are known for thinking on your feet, learning quickly, and owning problems to resolution. You enjoy solving complex problems while contributing new ideas & techniques, leading to continuous improvement for the team. You enjoy close collaboration to find better ways to deliver great quality software in an open, DevOps culture. On any given day a DevOps Engineer could be adding code to the product, doing a code review, debugging a production issue, deploying code, or automating the build and functional test system. There are no silos; we work together to deliver business value.
- Operate, scale, and troubleshoot our SaaS cloud infrastructure.
- Build out new & innovative automation for our CI/CD pipeline.
- Develop and champion tooling & processes that enable others and promote a true DevOps & infrastructure as code culture.
- Build out and improve our monitoring and alerting systems.
- Propose innovative solutions to address or pre-empt the operational and business challenges that we face or will face in the future.
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps engineer or Software engineer.
- Deep experience with AWS and the broader AWS ecosystem.
- Experience in general automation scripting (Python preferred).
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Software development & continuous delivery in a SaaS environment.
- A collaborative mindset coupled with strong communication skills.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and the mission; desire to focus talents on helping improve outcomes for others.
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). By combining great products, student data, and research on best practices, Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 700 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston - a stones throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
At Ellevation, we champion diversity. Were an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization.