Office Tour Photos
We are looking for an experienced engineer to add to our core platform team. We recently migrated our cloud infrastructure to AWS, which has opened up abundant opportunities for innovation & improvement. From targeted items such as increasing our usage of container technologies to broader themes such as collaborating on a re-design of our core systems to leverage key AWS services, we are energized at the possibilities that lie ahead. Your knowledge of modern cloud technologies and sound engineering practices will help guide us to make the right decisions.
More generally, as a Site Reliability Engineer you are known for thinking on your feet, learning quickly, and owning problems to resolution. You enjoy solving complex problems while contributing new ideas & techniques, leading to continuous improvement for the team. You enjoy close collaboration to find better ways to deliver great quality software in an open, DevOps culture. As our Site Reliability Engineer you will be orchestrating our AWS infrastructure from end-to-end. This is not a role where you will be manually configuring and deploying. There are no silos; we work together to deliver business value.
Our Engineering Culture
We are organized into small, cross-functional teams that focus on high-level objectives in service of our customers. We focus on outcomes over output. Our teams are empowered to research, prototype, and develop MVPs to solicit user feedback and validate hypotheses. We measure and rapidly iterate so that the end result is a high-confidence, high-value product. We foster an environment where we have the runway to experiment and learn from failure while tackling tricky challenges.
Thought diversity is a core principle for Ellevation Engineering. Our engineers feel comfortable and confident to respectfully voice their ideas and opinions, even if we disagree, because this is how we learn and arrive at the best ideas that lead us to optimal results. We value software engineering principles such as continuous integration, loose coupling, and SOA. As a small technology company, we seek individuals who are willing to be cross-functional, hands-on in multiple areas, and a technical thought leader for the organization.
We also valued staying connected & aligned as a team & as a company. We do this through a variety of ways -- quick weekly sync-ups to review our quarterly OKRs; weekly Demo Fridays where we preview cool new features to the entire company; and our twice-yearly all-company offsites, where we gather the entire company for 2 days of team building and fun. We also value evolving our culture. Got some new ideas? Bring em on and lets talk about incorporating them.
- Subject Matter Expert on all things related to our AWS infrastructure
- Build out new & innovative automation for our shared core platform
- Develop and champion tooling & processes that enable others and promote a true DevOps & infrastructure as code culture
- Build out and improve our monitoring and alerting systems
- Propose innovative solutions to address or pre-empt the operational and business challenges that we face or will face in the future
- Demonstrable command of AWS technologies and solid understanding of deployment patterns that support secure and scalable infrastructure
- Deep experience with AWS and the broader AWS ecosystem
- Must have experience supporting both Windows and Linux environments in a production setting
- Must have experience with Ansible or Terraform
- Experience in general automation scripting in Python, Ruby, or Go (Python preferred).
- Nice to have experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Nice to have security licensing (AWS DevOps pro)
- A collaborative mindset coupled with strong communication skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement and the mission; desire to focus talents on helping improve outcomes for others
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). By combining great products, student data, and research on best practices, Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston - a stones throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
At Ellevation, we champion diversity. Were an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization.
More Jobs From