Office Tour Photos
EF Tours helps students gain new perspectives and build skills for the future through experiential learning. As an accredited institution, we partner with educators across the United States to create global travel programs that blend classroom, digital, and experiential learning for students.
The Tours Engineering team is a hub of talented engineering and creative professionals empowering EF to send groups of students and educators on guided educational tours across the world. We power every step of our customers journey from showcasing our tour offerings, to creating personalized itineraries, and collecting their feedback after the tour. Over the course of your career with Tours Engineering, youll have the opportunity to build beautiful front-end interactions for our customers, solve large scale data optimization problems, and get your hands on everything in between.
What youll do:
You will be a senior member of our platform engineering team developing the tooling and infrastructure that enables self-service provisioning of AWS resources and deployment of applications via automated pipelines. As a senior member, you will be expected to own the full SDLC of features you develop, including selecting appropriate patterns, implementing, testing, releasing, and maintaining tools that you build. You will be expected to ensure the tools we provide are universally reliable, robust, accurate and scalable. You will also be coaching other engineers on the team through mentorship, feedback, and code reviews.
In short, you will be doing things like:
- Working closely with Development teams to implement and automate systems and architectures.
- Drive Automation efforts across the organization utilizing Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Configuration Management, and Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) tools
- Provide tools to support the provisioning, configuration, management, monitoring, and maintenance of Linux systems
- Contribute to defining and providing guardrails to ensure Secure Cloud Networking policies and architectures
- Work alongside product development teams to make recommendations around implementing scalable architecture solutions using Cloud Providers such as AWS
- Work alongside product development teams to make recommendations on DevOps practices
Who you are:
You are passionate and thrive in a collaborative environment solving problems. You get excited about automating and improving the SDLC for a variety of teams working in multiple geographies You enjoy investigating and evaluating new technology and approaches to reducing toil, providing reliable systems, and ensuring the quality of developed software. You are happy to partner with both developers and systems engineers to drive solutions across the tech stack as a whole.
- 5+ years of industry experience developing infrastructure as code and CI/CD pipeline solutions to support enterprise application development
- 3+ years of expertise managing multi-region/multi-AZ infrastructure in AWS
- 1+ years of experience working with containers and container orchestration solutions such as Docker, K8, AWS ECS, AWS Fargate or similar.
- 1+ years of experience with Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies
- Strong knowledge of one or more commonly used scripting languages such as Python, Bash, or Perl, and experience writing enterprise-scale, modular tooling within it
- Solid understanding of web transport protocols, common networking technologies, and web security best practices
- Deep experience with configuring and managing Linux based Operating Systems
- An understanding of open source ethos and practice
- Knowledge of modern front-end frameworks and libraries such as React
- Enthusiasm to work across and understand multiple technologies and disciplines, especially in unfamiliar areas
- Enthusiasm for driving innovations and processes that have a large impact on the departments software development ecosystem
Lets talk about the Perks:
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally
- Discounts on travel
- Three weeks paid vacation for your first year and then four weeks after your first year
- Free in-house language classes
- Access to a brand-new fitness center and rock-climbing wall on the EF campus
- A restaurant and bar located in two of our EF campus buildings
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more
EF is the worlds largest international education company providing life-changing educational experiences to create global citizens. We offer millions of people the opportunity to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture or earn an academic degree. Since 1965, EFs mission has been opening the world through education. Our 52,000 employees have a worldwide presence in over 600 schools and offices within 50 countries.
For more information about Education Tours, visit https://www.eftours.com
For more information about our career opportunities, visit www.careers.ef.com
More Jobs From