Office Tour Photos
Senior DevOps Engineer
Labs @ EF Tours
Cambridge, MA, USA
Who we are and what we do:
Labs @ EF Tours is the group of engineering and creative professionals empowering EF to send groups of students and educators on guided educational tours across the world. We power every step of our customers journey with us, from showcasing our many tour offerings and personalized itineraries on the web, through to collecting feedback after the tour. Over the course of your career with us, youll have the opportunity to interact with and help accelerate multiple cross-functional teams as they tackle everything from building beautiful customer front end interactions, to solving large scale data optimization problems, and everything in between.
What youll do:
You will be a senior member of our platform engineering team developing the tooling and infrastructure that enables self-service provisioning of AWS resources and deployment of applications via automated pipelines. As a senior member, you will be expected to own the full SDLC of features you develop, including selecting appropriate patterns, implementing, testing, releasing, and maintaining tools that you build. You will be expected to ensure the tools we provide are universally reliable, robust, accurate and scalable. You will also be coaching other engineers on the team through mentorship, feedback, and code reviews.
In short, you will be doing things like:
- Working closely with Development teams to implement and automate systems and architectures.
- Drive Automation efforts across the organization utilizing Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Configuration Management, and Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) tools
- Provide tools to support the provisioning, configuration, management, monitoring, and maintenance of Linux systems
- Contribute to defining and providing guardrails to ensure Secure Cloud Networking policies and architectures
- Work alongside product development teams to make recommendations around implementing scalable architecture solutions using Cloud Providers such as AWS
- Work alongside product development teams to make recommendations on DevOps practices
Who you are:
You are passionate and thrive in a collaborativeenvironment solving problems.You get excited about automating and improving the SDLC for a variety of teams working in multiple geographies You enjoy investigating and evaluating new technology and approaches to reducing toil, providing reliable systems, and ensuring the quality of developed software.You are happy to partner with both developers and systems engineers to drive solutions across the tech stack as a whole.
- 3+ years of industry experience developinginfrastructure as code and CI/CD pipeline solutions to support enterpriseapplication development
- 3+ years of expertise managing multi-region/multi-AZ infrastructure in AWS
- 1+ years of experience working with containers and container orchestration solutions such as Docker, K8, AWS ECS, AWS Fargate or similar.
- 1+ years of experience with Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies
- Strong knowledge of one or more commonly used scripting languages such as Python, Bash, or Perl, and experience writing enterprise-scale, modular tooling within it
- Solid understanding of web transport protocols, common networking technologies, and web security best practices
- Deep experience with configuring and managing Linux based Operating Systems
- An understanding of open source ethos and practice
- Knowledge of modern front-end frameworks and libraries such as React
- Enthusiasm to work across and understand multiple technologies and disciplines, especially in unfamiliar areas
- Enthusiasm for driving innovations and processes that have a large impact on the departments software development ecosystem
Benefits and perks:
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally with our customers (and without too, of course)
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, and four weeks after your first year
- Free in-house language classes
- Free in-house workout classes
- A restaurant and bar right inside our building
- Discounts on EF products including our travel and language programs
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line family health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more
EF is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and if there isanythingwe can do to create a more comfortable interview experience for you, please let us know.
More Jobs From