Senior Designer (Mobile)
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led intrapreneurial organization. Were driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We love the creativity involved in taking a blank screen and blinking cursor and making it something amazing. With intrapreneurship in our DNA, were able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And were searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Rightpoint is the largest independent customer experience agency with technology at our core, and 450 employees across 10 offices. We create seamless digital experiences driven by insight, strategy, technology and design -- and expanded mobile innovation and emerging technologies via Raizlabs. We serve more than 250 Fortune 1,000 companies with strategy, site design and development, content, CRM, commerce, BI and cloud infrastructure.
And the industry is taking notice:
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of Fastest Growing Companies, 2014 - 2017
- "Top 100 Workplaces in Chicago" by the Chicago Tribune, 2014-2017
- EY Entrepreneur of The Year Award, Co-founders Ross Freedman & Brad Schneider: 2015 Midwest Dual Finalists
- One of the "Most Promising Companies in America" by Forbes in 2014
If you love to ask why, challenge conventions, and can see design solutions and opportunities in the darnedest places we would love to chat! Designers at Rightpoint, partner closely with their teams and leadership to focus on products and solutions for our clients one product at a time. We believe that you should have the ability to really dig into a product for our clients and see the solutions through to the end. We strive to make sure our teams find work that they are passionate about as well as new opportunities they can learn from. If youre looking for an opportunity to apply your design talents across multiple verticals and directly impact businesses and their users all while learning a few things along the way, what are you waiting on?
What youll be doing..
- Defining and partnering to define the vision for products and user experiences
- Partner closely with engineering and product to dig in and find elegant but practical solutions to design and product challenges
- Be autonomous! You'll take full ownership of your work from initial IA and wireframes to final delivered experiences, you take responsibility for every detail each step of the way.
- Communicate clearly to define, discuss, and present your work at different stages of the products you work on
- Actively participate in design critiques and product reviews to give and receive feedback from other designers and stakeholders to make your work stronger
- Ability to think long- and short-term to meet the different opportunities that our varied list of clients products bring
- Working across multiple verticals from medical, fitness, voice, connected devices, and mobile commerce.
- Learning and teaching in an environment that bolsters creativity and values team members input and opinions.
- Having an amazing time while you partner with an incredibly talented and engaged company culture of curious creators.
Who you are...
- You're an excellent communicator and can clearly articulate design decisions
- You have a user-focused design mentality and are constantly looking to sharpen your instincts through user feedback and insight
- You have the ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- You have experience in building and shipping applications or software
- You have a portfolio featuring examples of interesting design work
- You care as much about the experience as you do the user-interface
- Complete comfort sketching, posting and riffing with a team
- Curiosity. Curiosity.
- A fanatical obsession with shipping quality, and knowing that MVPs are just the tip of the iceberg
- Enough design, research, and process experience to be dangerous
- Creative skills or abilities that some may never have even heard of!
- Informed and honest opinions
- The ability to see and connect A and B and maybe even C across multiple products and business verticals
- A portfolio showcasing your best work. Mobile or emerging tech would be good to have, but not an absolute requirement.
- Fluent in design and prototyping techniques, principles and tools like InVision, Sketch, and Adobe Suite
- Illustration, 3D, AR/VR or animation work is always smiled upon
- Experience in usability and or user testing
- Experience in a startup or other fast-paced environment wouldnt hurt
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- Frequent tech talks, hack days for open exploration, and our regulartechnologymeet-up, Drinks on Tap"
- FTO (Flexible Time Off)"Honor System"+ Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we mirror their dress code)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great Health Coverage
- Medical 4 plans to choose from!
- Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending (Dependent & Healthcare)
- Transportation/Parking Pre-Tax Benefits
- 401k with Company Matching
- Team/Office Lunches
- Open Office Environment
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities (because were always hungry for more)
Recruiters, we appreciate your services however we will reach out to you if we need help with our search.
We're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are therefore proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
This is a full time, salaried position. For more information, visit www.rightpoint.com.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an Employment Authorized result for you from the E-Verify system
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME