Senior Design Lead, AllModern
The Lifestyle Brands are exciting offshoots of the main Wayfair brand equally awesome, but each with its own distinct POV and product assortment. We are (drumroll, please): Joss & Main, AllModern, Birch Lane, and Perigold.
Were on the lookout for a strong leader to steer the design for AllModern: a visionary who can drive high-profile creative strategy and forge trusted relationships with key stakeholders, all while fearlessly guiding a super-talented team of creatives.
This is a fantastic opportunity to shape the look and feel of a brand and direct a growing team of designers of all levels. Youll oversee and execute design for everything from promotional emails and direct mail projects to brand awareness campaigns and major advertising. The role requires someone who can partner with both creatives and cross-functional leaders, and is a strong manager-doer.
What Youll Do:
- Manage, lead, and inspire a team of 4-6 designers of varying levels. (Theyre great.)
- Develop and maintain the brands design standards to drive brand consistency and evolution.
- Review and thoughtfully critique your teams work, providing actionable feedback and helpful suggestions.
- Manage aggressive deadlines and direct an even workload distribution across your team.
- Maintain seamless communication with partners on other teams, effectively translating creative strategy when required.
- Analyze performance metrics and other data (especially customer insights!), and use that information to guide creative decisions.
- Provide innovative creative solutions that both elevate the brand and engage customers.
- Think critically to drive efficiency, strategically planning work that can be used across multiple channels and media.
What Youll Need:
- 7+ years relevant experience, preferably for an e-commerce brand.
- 3+ years management experience.
- Bachelors Degree in art, graphic design, or a related field. (Equivalent training/experience also considered.)
- Experience with motion design and video.
- Hours logged on photo-shoots or collaborating with those who do.
- Familiarity (or deep obsession) with home furnishings, and interior design or fashion.
- Print experience! (Its not dead yet.)
- Robot-like organizational powers.
For consideration, an online portfolio or samples of your work are required. We would love to see:
- Insight-driven conceptual work.
- Projects for unexpected channels (ambient, experiential, out-of-the-home all great!).
- Successful creative that influenced a positive change in customer behavior.
A Day in the Life for This Role
8:45AM | Check out the latest store displays on the way into work, because our office is above a mall.
9:00 AM | First dose of coffee. Huddle with a respective copy manager and associate creative director.
10:15AM | Think about the customer.
10:30AM | Meet with the traffic coordinator to distribute project workloads evenly across your team.
11:00AM | Take a first look at what your teams working on. Guide. Thoughtfully critique. Encourage.
11:45AM | Think about the customer.
12:00PM | Grab food from either the numerous snack walls or the three Sweetgreens within walking distance. (Or, heck, Chipotle. We dont judge.)
12:30PM | Think about the customer.
12:45PM | Review projects with copywriters and offer (clear, objective) feedback.
1:30PM | Meet with brand stakeholders to discuss major upcoming projects and strategy.
2:00PM | More coffee.
2:15PM | Think about the customer.
3:00PM | Attempt to reach inbox zero. Digest performance data. Rattle off questions and ideas to the appropriate teams.
4:00PM | Research what comparable brands are doing, design-wise. Gather inspiration.
4:45PM | Put the finishing touches on documentation of graphic standards and design principles for the brand.
5:45PM | Peruse candidate applications and brainstorm ways to attract the best talent possible.