Office Tour Photos
We are looking for an Associate to join our Decision Management team. Your job will be to organize and model decisions that are currently made manually and with legacy systems and then work with development teams to implement those models on our Decision Service Platform.
You will combine problem-solving, data and logic visualization, and agile principles of iteration to build models that solve real-world healthcare revenue cycle problems. The resulting decision will unlock valuable data and insights, enable our business teams to respond to industry changes, and contribute to athena’s mission to ease the administrative burden on providers and staff.
The Team: The Decision Management team is a group of self-motivated, collaborative, analytical problem solvers applying decision modeling to solve healthcare business problems. Using subject matter experts, health insurance policy, and existing coded logic we extract business outcomes that drive the healthcare revenue cycle. Once modeled and implemented on the Decision Platform our business teams can respond to the ever-changing landscape of insurer/payer requirements and client needs quickly, accurately and efficiently.
- Effectively interview subject matter experts and research legacy business logic and insurer documentation to arrive at an inventory of business outcomes to be modeled
- Collaboratively draft and develop decision models and the logic for the decision tables within them to achieve the outcomes required
- Work cross-functionally with R&D and Development teams to ensure on-time delivery, testing/QA, and deployment of decision models
- Ability to describe and visualize data and decision relationships
- Track record of strong execution against project timelines and objectives
- Understanding of healthcare/health IT environment (strongly preferred)
- Basic understanding of database technologies
- Familiarity with data modeling preferred, knowledge of Decision Model Notation (DMN) a plus
- Strong communication skills; able to explain complex and technical concepts to audiences of varying technical backgrounds
- Our Purpose: To unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: If you’re curious, passionate and want to connect with work that matters, you’ve come to the right place. At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. At the heart of athenahealth's culture is unconditional positive regard for one another, our customers, their patients and our community. We take time to celebrate diversity and our accomplishments, and strive to be powerfully relevant and refreshingly candid in everything we do.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From