Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Reporting to the Sr Director of Business Intelligence, the Senior Data Visualization Analyst will partner closely with our BI and Strategic Finance teams to deliver powerful dashboards that span across the whole business and drive data-informed decisions for our Senior Leadership Team. The ideal candidate is a go-getter with a strong business acumen and high attention to detail who is eager to dig into the data weeds of our business. Were looking for a person with a track record of delivering impactful visualizations, complete ownership of work and outputs, finding a way to work through barriers efficiently, and top-notch communication skills. If you love to build dashboards that make stakeholders go WOW! then this role is for you!
About this roll* (Responsibilities):
- Use Looker to build critical dashboards to measure the business, hold teams accountable, and generate insights -- set the gold standard for data visualization at Toast
- Leverage SQL to define complex metrics that further understanding of the business and lead to further exploration and insights
- Work with business intelligence and financial analysts to ensure consistency in metric definitions and goals across various departments and business units
- Identify gaps/opportunities to improve the visual power of our data warehouse and synthesize requirements to our Data Engineering team effectively
- Partner with key stakeholders and business leaders across various Toast departments, including: Senior Leadership, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and FinTech -- dont just take their requirements and execute, but instead focus on helping them solve their business problems
Do you have the right ingredients* (Requirements)?
- Multiple years experience in a corporate role with a large data visualization component (Looker, Tableau, SiSense, Domo, etc)
- Ability to define key metrics that fulfill the measurement needs of the business
- Can confidently choose the best visualization style for the given context; the insights from your visualizations speak for themselves
- SQL expert
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, changing environment and to adapt while focusing on key goals and objectives
- Demonstrated problem solving with experience providing business insights and recommendations from data sets, both individually and in a group setting
- Experience presenting and explaining work to Executives
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves):
- Deep understanding of LookML and/or Liquid
- Experience with Git, Python (Pandas, NumPy, etc), SAS, Stata, or R
*Bread puns encouraged but not required