Office Tour Photos
Senior Data Scientist-Machine Learning
TripAdvisors Machine Learning group works on machine learning and statistical analysis problems across several areas of the company. We take an entrepreneurial approach to our projects, identifying high value opportunities and building solutions in a collaborative team environment.
These include a diverse set of problems such as: personalization, review fraud detection, search / navigation, machine vision, TV analytics, automated content curation, and CRM. We use advanced techniques in natural language understanding / NLP, recommender systems, learn-to-rank models, statistical inference, social network analysis, and deep learning.
We are looking for experienced machine learning engineers and data scientists with broad knowledge of machine learning techniques to design and implement machine learning solutions throughout the company.
Youll be working with a multidisciplinary team of smart people including data scientists, developers, and product managers. Youll have an amazing amount of data as raw material for your projects, including over 780 million collected reviews and opinions, 5 terabytes of log data per day, and 300,000 photos and videos per day. You will be testing your hypotheses and product online on our 455M monthly unique visitors. You must be comfortable communicating your approaches to project managers across the company.
- PhD (preferred) or Masters in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics, Operations Research or similar field OR 5 years industry experience in same.
- Excellent communications skills
- A passion for solving real world problems with machine learning
- Experience working with natural language, machine vision, collaborative filtering, clustering, classification, regression, information retrieval, and/or statistical modeling.
- Fluency with statistical / ML tools such as R, Python scikit-learn, Keras, or Tensorflow
- Knowledge and experience of SQL and relational databases
- Desired knowledge of Hadoop, Hive, Redshift, Spark or other big data tools
- Proficiency in a low level general purpose programming language, including but not limited to Java or C++
TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site*, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With over 702 million reviews and opinions covering the world's largest selection of travel listings worldwide covering approximately 7.7 million accommodations, airlines, experiences, and restaurants -- TripAdvisor provides travelers with the wisdom of the crowds to help them decide where to stay, how to fly, what to do and where to eat. TripAdvisor also compares prices from more than 200 hotel booking sites so travelers can find the lowest price on the hotel that's right for them. TripAdvisor-branded sites are available in 49 markets, and are home to the world's largest travel community of 490 million average monthly unique visitors**, all looking to get the most out of every trip. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Some great benefits/perks:
- Free shuttle service to the HQ
- On-site training and fitness classes
- Free lunch, snacks, and drinks every day
- Pub and game room onsite with 7 beer taps & wine.
- Free health coverage for singles
- Generous vacation time & Summer Fridays
- Excellent tuition reimbursement
More Jobs From