Office Tour Photos
The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, were behind some of Spotifys most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and youll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them.
Everyday, hundreds of millions of people all over the world use the products we build which include destinations like Home and Search as well as original playlists such as "Discover Weekly" and Daily Mix. We're a team of technologists, product insight experts, designers, and product managers in Boston, New York, Stockholm, and London.
We are looking for an expert in statistical modeling, causal attribution and experimentation methodology to join our Personalization organization in Spotify.
This role sits within the central research team in our Product Insights group at Personalization responsible for developing our capabilities in measuring the performance and impact of our models and features, and developing foundational research knowledge, methods and tools.
What youll do:
- Build lasting solutions to experimentation and attribution modeling
- Commit to ensuring industry-leading best practices for experimental design and statistical analysis
- Contribute to the development of the Product Insights function and the wider analytics community at Spotify
- Work from our offices in Boston or New York
Who you are:
- You have a minimum of 5 years experience in applied research and statistical modeling with a degree or higher (MS/PhD) in statistics, mathematics, econometrics, or similar field
- Significant expertise in experimentation methodologies
- Significant breadth and depth of statistics/ML knowledge
- High level of ability in R or Python
- Competence with SQL and experience performing analysis on large datasets
- You are capable of taking on loosely defined problems and translating complex thinking into practical application for diverse audiences
- You are a communicative person who values building strong relationships with colleagues and partners and enjoys mentoring and teaching others
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or whats playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the worlds most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.
More Jobs From