Who We Are
Thrasio was established in 2018 with a clear mission: to become the largest, most profitable seller on Amazon. Since then, our growth has been dramatic; we have over $500M in committed capital, with an impressive group of investors supporting our success. Were sustainably profitable and growing at an expeditious rate across 11 cities and 3 continents. Thrasio develops and sells over 6,000 best selling products on Amazon across a number of different categories, putting the company in the top 25 Amazon sellers. At Thrasio, were reimagining, innovating, and revolutionizing the consumer goods industry for the next century. We hire remarkably smart and driven individuals that collaborate and thrive on building a company that is disrupting the way ecommerce is done. If this sounds exciting to you, lets talk.
Want to build something new and exciting? Do you like building tools that can answer what demand might look like 6 months out for a particular product?
The Technology Organization (Product, Engineering and Data Science) at Thrasio is responsible for building the internal tools that will help ensure data quality and create opportunity for our great people here to quickly access data and make decisions related to growth of our brands (soon to be thousands of products) as we continue our goal of being the number one seller on Amazon.
In this role, you will be at the center of all the decision support for the company as we use the latest ML/DL and data science techniques to continuously optimize every aspect of the business, including inventory management, forecasting, lead gen analysis, keyword optimization and a whole new category of decision management for day to day operations.
Some of the day-to-day might include:
- Owning the full Data Science life-cycle from conception to prototyping, testing, deploying, and measuring its overall business value
- Developing quantitative models, leveraging machine learning and advanced data analysis techniques
- Architecting and building technical platforms for our algorithmic engines to run at scale
- Using data to improve the decision-making of everyone at Thrasio, and ultimately, to enhance the experience of our customers and our suppliers
- Serving as a consultative partner to the marketing and creative teams to understand needs and conduct analyses that will help determine targeting strategy
- Provide technical leadership and strategic initiatives for your team
- Deliver presentations to high level business stakeholders that tell cohesive, logical stories using data - while this is primarily a technical role, we value the communication of ideas and want to expose data science to the company at large.
What You Bring to the Party
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or technical equivalent and 8+ years of experience in data science type roles
- Highly proficient in Python and SQL programming
- Machine Learning experience: supervised/unsupervised learning, recommendation systems, reinforcement learning, deep learning, time series etc.; Prophet, arima, deepar, lstms, RL or ranking work is a plus
- Ability to effectively work with business leads: strong communication skills, ability to synthesize conclusions for non-experts and desire to influence business decisions
- Intuitive sense of how quantitative and technical work aligns closely with business priorities and business value
- Be really excited with the idea of building something new, for a business tackling e-commerce in an entirely different way
Nice to have, but not required
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and/or Computer Science and 10+ years of experience post degree in data analyst or science roles
- Master's Degree or PhD in a quantitative field, e.g. Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Neuroscience, Operations Research, etc.
- Product Ecommerce experience
Thrasio is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, protected classes, or protected veteran status. Thrasio participates in e-verify.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.