Office Tour Photos
Want to get to know the hiring manager? Watch a quick interview here.
Were looking for an exceptional senior-level data scientist to develop data products and drive better decision making across the edX organization and for our partners.
This is an unusual opportunity to join a newly formed team and create tremendous business value as we build a world-class data science team, establish edX as a thought leader in EdTech., and most importantly have a major impact on our mission of providing high quality education to everyone, everywhere.
- Identify, implement, and drive adoption of analytics-based solutions to business problems.
- Perform quantitative research on large data sets.
- Mentor other data scientists, engineers, and analysts, and provide scientific support across all departments and for end customers.
- Guide and potentially participate in the software implementation of data products.
- Innovate new ways data science can be used to support the organization and its mission.
- At least 7 years of data science research experience, ideally with at least 3 years in industry and/or a PhD in a quantitative discipline.
- Bonus: Experience with learning science or clickstream data.
- Extensive hands-on experience working with large, real world data.
- Demonstrably strong business orientation.
- Strong programming and algorithm development skills as applied to working with large data sets (e.g. in Python, R, SQL, Spark).
- A propensity toward action, and the mentality to get initial results quickly and iterate.
- Connoisseurship of good science: attention to experimental design, causality, bias, significance, etc.
- Heaploads of scrappiness, big picture thinking, and interest in solving fuzzy business problems.
- Strong attention to detail and motivation to minimize error.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player attitude.
- The desire to have fun while doing all of the above.
Applicants must be able to work from our Cambridge, MA office.Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.
More Jobs From