ClimaCell: Senior Data Scientist
The New Technologies team at ClimaCell is a small unit of creative engineers and scientists with diverse backgrounds who extract weather-related information from novel and exciting data sources. We solve problems related to creating innovative tools to handle new (and big!) data. We work collaboratively so that we can move fast and quickly create value for our customers.
If you are a hands-on problem solver, a data geek, and love to test, build, and see results, we want you on our team.
- Operationalize and maintain key novel algorithms involved with inferring weather from proprietary data sources, and the latest in weather modelling technologies.
- Create data pipeline and visualization tools, both internally facing and client facing, for data stored on the cloud.
- Contribute to and improve upon the codebase (our stack is mainly Python).
- Leverage public and proprietary data to predict weather conditions.
- Take ideas from experimentation to production.
Communicate and collaborate with teammates of various backgrounds, with the Executive Team, and sometimes with clients, through crisp presentations and technical documents.
- 5+ years prior industry experience as a software engineer.
- Strong, production-level Python experience; you write high-performance low-latency services.
- An open mind and the ability to challenge yourself to learn new tools and approaches, independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with big data processing pipelines, databases, and archives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with computing on the cloud, especially Amazon AWS or Google Cloud, as well as high-performance computing, including process optimization.
A strong interest in understanding and working with weather data and proprietary datasets.
You might also have:
- An advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Applied Math, or a similar technical field.
- Background (formal or not) in meteorology/atmospheric sciences.
- Experience with geoscientific/geospatial data.
More Jobs From