Office Tour Photos
We are hiring a Staff Data Scientist for our Merchandising Products team in Boston, MA. This is a leadership position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of machine learning systems that power content across Chewys entire website from Homepage, Navigation, and Storefront through Promotional and Marketing content. You will bring experience spanning data science, software engineering and team leadership starting from the customer. This role offers a great opportunity for professional growth with the leading online pet retailer in the US. You will have a unique opportunity of providing pet parents with a personalized, easy and integrated experience on Chewy.com.
What Youll Do:
- Work collaboratively with Engineering and Product teams to deliver technologies that improve the quality of targeting and competition of the content on Chewy.com
- Drive continuous improvements to the assets that are delivered, bringing in best of new advances in the space
- Understand and manage technical and operational aspects of running machine learning systems at scale
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels across different functional teams
What Youll Need:
- 8+ years of experience working on practical problems in data science
- MS or PhD in field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent)
- Demonstrated experience of translating ambiguous customer requirements into clear problem definitions and delivering them
- Demonstrated practical knowledge in the areas of machine learning, content delivery, deep learning, recommendation systems and information search
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to explain details of complex concepts to non-expert stakeholders in simple understandable way
- Working knowledge of AWS data tool set (Glue, Athena, Sagemaker etc)
- Experience in hiring and developing junior members
- Position may require travel <25% of the time
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected].
More Jobs From