We are DraftKings.
Were inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building whats next, and continuously reinventing the industry. Were a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Love data? We do too.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineering Manager to lead teams of engineers to provide a best-in-class experience for our products and customers. You will be working closely with Product Managers, Scrum Masters, and Data Engineers to help optimize and deliver innovative solutions. You must have strong technical skills with the ability to take initiative, drive new projects, and be a hands-on contributor when needed. Sound good to you? Join us!
What youll do as a Senior Data Engineering Manager:
- Lead teams of Data Engineers that are responsible for delivering a Data Platform that is used throughout DraftKings.
- Manage hiring, training, and updates on team performance to management and squad leads.
- Manage and mentor talented teams of Data Engineers of all levels, aiding them in their own career growth.
- Design and architect code in a testable, scalable, and performant manner.
- Help manage and facilitate technical design discussions, add significant verbal and written contributions, and help your squads overcome hurdles.
What skills you will use:
- 5-7 years of technical management experience.
- Hands-on SQL experience in aspects of business intelligence and data engineering, including data warehousing, delivery, and operations.
- Strong, proven mentorship skills which have demonstrated the ability to motivate, develop and guide Data Engineers.
- Strong background in Data Engineering and Business Intelligence.
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Snowflake experience is a big plus.
- Experience with tools such as Datadog, Tableau, and/or other reporting tools is preferred.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and were great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of techs most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build whats next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.