We are looking to add a highly talented Prediction and Behavior Modeling Data Engineer to help us build probabilistic models of the future state of the world. As a data engineer, you will help build the data infrastructure for the motion prediction models that we use to improve our interactions with cars, pedestrians, and other road users. Your software engineering and data analytics experience will inform your pragmatic approach to making a more intelligent autonomous vehicle. Does this sound like you?
What you'll be doing:
- Dive into data to understand behaviors of external world actors such as cars, bikes, and pedestrians; leverage machine learning methods where appropriate
- Help translate algorithms into production-level code
- Design, implement, and monitor ETL pipelines
- Work with researchers to build data infrastructure to support novel architectures
What we're looking for:
- BS in computer science, engineering, or applied math with 3+ years practical experience in data science, modeling, statistics, and analysis of large data sets
- Fluency with Python
- Experience developing infrastructure to support users of large data sets
- Experience using modern software engineering tools (e.g., version control, CI)
Bonus points (not required):
- Experience using common Machine Learning and Deep Learning algorithms (e.g., for classification, regression, and clustering)
- Experience developing autonomous vehicles or robots
- Experience with C++
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
More Jobs From